Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Private Ryan

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    It's not about context... the networks weren't pre-empting it out of any empty concern for the mothers of America, but because of Janet Jackson's nipple. Get it right.

Now the truth comes out??? Funny, this was not mentioned at all in the original post in this thread.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 11-12-2004 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Quote tags fixed

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Quite frankly, if you can't understand how a movie, that was aired twice before, was not shown again, given the current situation in Iraq, then you have disconnected from reality for the sole purpose of your agendas.

I know that Ruthie was going to leave the US if she had the cash. Good thing that money was more important than principle, for her.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    You people are so far up your own asses you can't even appreciate situations in which the reality of war is not the best option.

Nobody is talking government controlled TV, nobody is removing this movie from Blockbuster, they are just choosing a different option based on the current circumstances.
    Do you really think that everyone with a family member in Iraq objects to this movie? By your reasoning, today, Veterans Day, not one war movie should be aired that might be graphic because it is, perhaps, painful? War is a horror, and that is reality.
    You might believe that the reality of war is not the best option...that's your choice, but that might not be the choice of others.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Sanctuary!
    I cannot imagine, Scroff, a hate so big and so totally consuming that it allows you no compassion for your fellow Americans.

Do you not have any sense of the fact that these parents already know what you want to stuff down their faces?

They are living with it every day.

Funny how you support our troops so dearly, but at the same time wish this type of thing on the parents that love them.
    You gotta be kidding me??? Hate?? Change the channel!! What's so hard to understand about that? We're not talking about Clockwork Orange here, no one will be forced to sit and watch Saving Private Ryan, they're adults, they can make a choice.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Now the truth comes out??? Funny, this was not mentioned at all in the original post in this thread.
    What original post are you reading? It specifically said "They are claiming fear of FCC fines, "bad" words, etc" or didn't you see that part?
    Last edited by scroff; 11-12-2004 at 02:01 AM.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    What original post are you reading? It specifically said "They are claiming fear of FCC fines, "bad" words, etc" or didn't you see that part?

Yeah, but you have to see through the words to the meaning.
    Saving Private Ryan may be a better option next year.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-12-2004 at 02:02 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Shaving Ryans Privaes was better IMO.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE=Everose]
    If they don't want to see how horribly their children might die tonight, they can change the channel. Or... maybe we should just ignore the realities of how their children might die tonight, sugar coat it with Return to Mayberry, numb the brain totally, why not?

I cannot imagine, Scroff, a hate so big and so totally consuming that it allows you no compassion for your fellow Americans.

Do you not have any sense of the fact that these parents already know what you want to stuff down their faces?

They are living with it every day.

Funny how you support our troops so dearly, but at the same time wish this type of thing on the parents that love them.
    Don't read what isn't there. A hate so big? What is it you think Scroff, or I for that matter, hate? No compassion for fellow americans? that's out of left field. I do not recall saying everyone should watch this movie. the issue is choice, the freedom to decide. Stuff down their faces? What script are you reading?
    It is Veterans Day...hello...Veterans Day. John McCain introduced the film tonight with a Veteran who was there...when he was 19. It would seem you would find him an insensitive ass too. too much
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Sanctuary!
    Quite frankly, if you can't understand how a movie, that was aired twice before, was not shown again, given the current situation in Iraq, then you have disconnected from reality for the sole purpose of your agendas.
    Quite frankly, I just think the average American is capable of deciding for themselves and changing the channel if they so choose, if you don't think that's true, then I suggest you have a little more faith in the average American, unless you really think they're that stupid that they'll sit there and forget about the remote.

I know that Ruthie was going to leave the US if she had the cash. Good thing that money was more important than principle, for her.
    Some of us, Hobbsey, don't have enough cash to move... some of us just have enough cash to live. Myself, I plan to stay and fix stupid shit like this.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Sanctuary!
    Yeah, but you have to see through the words to the meaning.
    Saving Private Ryan may be a better option next year.
    The "option" is up to the individual viewer.
    Last edited by scroff; 11-12-2004 at 02:10 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast