Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I really don't know why you keep pushing this.
    OK. I keep on about this as I cannot understand why you think that being gay, or any sexuality, is a sentient choice.

sexuality it involves sentient emotive responses. Likes and dislikes
    I disagree with the above. It is clearly wrong. However, you later contradict yourself:

The act is a choice. The feeling is not.
    Correct, we can all decide whether to have sex or not have sex.

What we can't control is our desire (feeling) to have sex and our desire (feeling) to have a sexually attractive partner.

We have reached agreement.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally Posted by Busyman
    The act is a choice. The feeling is not.
    just for my clarification of your view on this.

do you consider someone that has these feelings but chose not to act on them as being "gay"

I ask this because to me someone is "gay" because of their feelings/emotions/sexual turn ons....... not just because they have sex with the same sex.

if this is the case then people are born gay, but choose not to act on it...?????

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Okay, there will definitly be people choosing to be gay. No doubt about it. But to say that no one is born with it is just absurd. It seems to me that to love the opposite sex is a basic instinct. In the end, we are just animals. Are we not? You can talk to any farmer with cattle or sheep, or any zookeeper with monkeys or penguins....homosexual relationships occur. Animals have nothing to prove. It doesn't make sense that we lost that same instinct for homosexuality. So...some are born gay, but it is their choice to act on it. Why would the act be wrong? It's based on basic instinct...and you can't change basic instinct, you can only cover it up.

If it isn't basic instinct then it's the corpus collosum or some shit. They are still born with it. And once again, it doesn't make sense that we would be protected from that brain defect. So...some could be born gay for this reason as well, or a mixture of both. It comes down to their choice to act on it. Why would the act be wrong? What makes it wrong? Why is it bad to have homosexual marriages. The act is completely natural, I.E. occurs in nature. Well, Murder occurs in nature, and stealing, and poop flinging...these are all bad things that we outlaw as well. What seperates homosexuality from those or any other example you give is the fact that everyone is consenting, and causes no harm to any participants. Any example of harm you could give would just be a technicality that occurs in heterosexual relationships as well. Aids fall in this catagory. You can get aids from the oppisite sex just as easily. You know what kind of situations that match this same description? Interracial relationships, couples of differing religion...etc. So the only reason to discriminate is your own preference. Well, your preference cannot be the reason for discrimination. What that leads to is slavery, hitler, lower wages for women...etc.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster
    Humans are not the only homosexual animal.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...imal.html#main

It's a matter of genetics.

There's nothing unnatural abaount it.

But are we all predisposed, that is the real question.

Why would anyone want to prevent gay marriage?
    Last edited by Mr.Joshua; 11-13-2004 at 12:20 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I would n't need a piece of paper to tell me who I can love! But sadly some do.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I would n't need a piece of paper to tell me who I can love! But sadly some do.
    It's not the piece of paper...it's the rights that go with that paper

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    I had always wondered what it would be like to read a post made by someone who had recently taken acid.

Now I know.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    imagine if every one was gay, humans would be extinced.

nough said

also why do gays want to marry, it dont make sense.

Its not like marriage is the ultimate contract.
    Last edited by Spam-King; 11-14-2004 at 01:45 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley

Why am I even talking to you.
    One wonders.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast