Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there software to repair usb flashdrive?

hey, i have this one 128mb usb flash drive that was working when one day i tried it on a school computer and it ended up acting all wierd. when i double clicked on the drive, it said that it needed to be formated, so I tried doing that, but it keeps saying "could not complete the format" over and over again........so what does this all mean? did my usb flash drive burn out?

i mean, i still see the light in it blinking when i scan it, so it's still active, but maybe the insert part got damanged or something

so you know how there's like software to repair hard drives and stuff, is there one for usb flashdrives?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    That's odd. Those things are pretty tough... one IT guy I know left his USB drive in his pants.
    His wife grabbed the pants and put them through the wash.
    But the drive worked fine once it dried out again...

How old is your USB drive?
    Older ones can only have data written to/removed from them about 100,000 times before they die.
    The current models are rated up to around a million write/deletes.

Perhaps it's past its use by date?
    Last edited by uNz[i]; 11-12-2004 at 05:41 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Try a "quick" format. Then later (if it works) use chkdsk (or scandisk) on it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    when trying to format, make sure you format using FAT and not NTFS or FAT32. I know that was the problem when I tryed to format my friend's USB drive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i did do that......i tried the quick and full and changed the format, it gives the same error message saying "format was unable to complete"....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    does that mean that it got fried at the tip or somethign? damn those school computers, THEY JACKED UP MY USB FLASH!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenmike0001
    hey, i have this one 128mb usb flash drive that was working when one day i tried it on a school computer and it ended up acting all wierd. when i double clicked on the drive, it said that it needed to be formated, so I tried doing that, but it keeps saying "could not complete the format" over and over again........so what does this all mean? did my usb flash drive burn out?

i mean, i still see the light in it blinking when i scan it, so it's still active, but maybe the insert part got damanged or something

so you know how there's like software to repair hard drives and stuff, is there one for usb flashdrives?
    Yes,there is software.Its called money and buying a new one.Get it "soft-ware".Lovely.Tell then adieu
    We"Think TOO different"-Anton LaVey

Image Removed by RF: Too big and inappropriate

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    seriously.....but give me an example of a software program that has the option of repairing flash drives....?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    This question is equivalent to asking.."Is there a program that can fix my shovel?"

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    This question is equivalent to asking.."Is there a program that can fix my shovel?"
    I do agree to that.Lovely,tell then adieu
    We"Think TOO different"-Anton LaVey

Image Removed by RF: Too big and inappropriate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast