Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games

sorry, im new to this...i got some verified versions of Battlefield 1942 downloading, and when they r done, what do i do?

do i burn them to a blank CD? if so will that work on regular CD disks (CD-R), the same stuff i use for music CD's? if so, then when i start up my CD burner, do i select "Data CD", or is there a special way to do it?

or can i simply play it with out burning it?

thx in advance, any help is appreciated

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    What type of files are they?

3. Games   -   #3
    Here are some basic ways for Nero and some other tips:

Originally posted by By: Datamore+--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (By: Datamore)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    A .bin file is a CD image. That means that a whole CD was copied into just one big file.
    A file type similar to .bin is .iso.
    These files are meant to be burned onto CDs in order to get an exact copy of the CD from where the .bin or the .iso file was created (some CDs have copy protections and the image burning won&#39;t be enough, so you&#39;ll be given a crack too, to run the game or application).
    You&#39;ll need the .cue files to burn the .bin files, but don&#39;t worry if you don&#39;t have them. You can also burn them without the cues.
    If you&#39;re going to burn a .bin file make sure both the .bin and the .cue are in the same directory.
    I recommend using Nero to burn the CD images.
    First of all, use CDmage and check the image file for errors.
    Then open up Nero.
    Go to &#39;File&#39; > &#39;Burn Image...&#39;
    Choose the .cue file that corresponds to the .bin file you want to burn, and click on &#39;Open&#39;.
    Choose the burning options and burn the CD.

If you don&#39;t have the .cue files, go to &#39;File&#39; > &#39;Burn Image&#39;, choose the .bin file (not the .cue) and click on &#39;Open&#39;.
    A window will popup saying &#39;Foreign image settings&#39;
    Make sure the &#39;Type of Image&#39; is &#39;Data Mode 1&#39; and the &#39;Raw data&#39; box is checked.
    Click on &#39;OK&#39;, choose the burning options and burn the CD.

If you don&#39;t want to burn the files you can always use virtual drives to emulate a CD drive (Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% are the best), mount the image files, install the game and run it. All of this from your hard drive.

You can also try a program like WinISO or IsoBuster to extract the files from the .bin or. iso and run the files from your harddrive.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin--Datamore & modified by Shinigami

An .iso file is a CD image. That means that a whole CD was copied into just one big file.
    These files are meant to be burned onto CDs in order to get an exact copy of the CD from where the .iso file was created (some CDs have copy protections and the image burning won&#39;t be enough, so you&#39;ll be given a crack too, to run the game or application).
    I recommend using Nero to burn the CD images.
    First of all, use CDmage and check the image file for errors.
    Then open up Nero.
    Go to &#39;File&#39; > &#39;Burn Image...&#39;
    Choose the .iso file you want to burn, and click on &#39;Open&#39;.
    Choose the burning options and burn the CD.

If you don&#39;t want to burn the files you can always use virtual drives to emulate a CD drive (Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% are the best), mount the image files, install the game and run it. All of this from your hard drive.

You can also try a program like WinISO or IsoBuster to extract the files from the .bin or. iso and run the files from your harddrive.

http://www.winiso.com
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    http://www.daemon-tools.org/main.htm

[/quote]

4. Games   -   #4
    Battlefield seems to be plagued with errors, so if you&#39;re new to this you may find yourself encountering problems. I&#39;ve seen loads of problems with install errors on this game, and i had them myself. I know the verified hashes are supposed to work, but given number of people with errors i&#39;m not so sure about this.

5. Games   -   #5
    thx for the help for far

i have NTI CD Maker 6, i started it up, selecrted "data CD" then i put the bin file in my CD layout, then i clicked "burn", but it said me CD had an insufficiant amount of space

i know what that means, but can someone please tell me what kind of Blank CD&#39;s i should use, because mine dont have enough space, please help&#33;&#33;

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by jjyank@12 April 2003 - 08:23
    thx for the help for far

i have NTI CD Maker 6, i started it up, selecrted "data CD" then i put the bin file in my CD layout, then i clicked "burn", but it said me CD had an insufficiant amount of space

i know what that means, but can someone please tell me what kind of Blank CD&#39;s i should use, because mine dont have enough space, please help&#33;&#33;
    search Kazaa for Nero and get it. Lots of PPl highly recommend Nero. I&#39;m one of them. And yes, you can use the same discs you use for music. now you do know that there are 650mb CD-R&#39;s and 700MB CD-R&#39;s don&#39;t you? although this day and time most of the discs in the stores are 700.

BTW, 650=74min.....700mb=80min

hope this helped....

7. Games   -   #7
    thx, ill get nero instead, which is the latest version?

but i have the 650 CD&#39;s, 74 min

will those work?

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by jjyank@12 April 2003 - 08:52
    thx, ill get nero instead, which is the latest version?

but i have the 650 CD&#39;s, 74 min

will those work?
    650&#39;s will work if your file is less than 650MB........when you try to burn the file, Nero should tell you if it will fit on your disc. the version I have is: 5.5.9.14.....and I have no probs with it.....I use it almost daily.

9. Games   -   #9
    lol the file i tried to download is 424,220 KB, but im not sure how much MB that is...

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by jjyank@12 April 2003 - 09:09
    lol the file i tried to download is 424,220 KB, but im not sure how much MB that is...
    thats roughly 424mb.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast