Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xp Bootcd

I have been trying to make my copy of XP bootable with NERO, I have followed several guides and downloaded the registry hack. But every time i boot up wit the CD i get some error message about file NTLS or sumthing like that and says can't boot cd. It is the 2600 version. Am I missing a file? I can use the disk to upgrade an older version of windows fine. Any help?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    duno what do you need a boot cd for?
    pls visit my website www.tzonenz.cjb.net

do you now where i can get a nice blueish back ground for a splash screen

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    So I can install from a freshly formatted HDD. Nice plug for your barely started site.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    you need to add the xpboot.img file to the nero layout. there is a guide on this forum somewhere to do that. I used the Windows_XP_Pro_Corp.exe file. Rename the file extension to .iso. You then have to extract it with Winiso. You then can take the extracted files & add the xpboot.img file into the nero boot cd layout. There are directions for this here on the forum. Mine works great. Good luck. If you are using Windows ME,.......... my condolences. Do a clean install............ you will be amazed !!!!!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    also,..... don't forget to get a key-changer so that you can get SP1. This is a must have IMO. My XP loads up in half the time now that I have installed SP1.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    SP1 really makes all the difference in load time? I can't install mine coz it doens't appear to like my cd ley (maybe coz so many people have it?) anyway could you PM me with the information on the key changer or some way I could DL Sp1?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    m8 there's a prog u can find in kazaa search called xpkeychange its only 47kb .It give u step by step instructions and also gives u about 10-20 keys to choose from incase 1 don't work

have been trying to make my copy of XP bootable with NERO, I have followed several guides and downloaded the registry hack. But every time i boot up wit the CD i get some error message about file NTLS or sumthing like that and says can't boot cd. It is the 2600 version. Am I missing a file? I can use the disk to upgrade an older version of windows fine. Any help?
    along with the xpboot.bin explained b yrr_kingozz did u also include the correct volume label for the version of xp u have and publisher and data preparer.etc

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    [QUOTE]m8 there's a prog u can find in kazaa search called xpkeychange its only 47kb

Same keychanger I used. Authored by Mr Dude. I would give you a hash, but I'm only a noob,.......... still trying to learn how.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I used it with the xpboot.img when I tried and it didn't work I have like 5 XP cds but none bootable.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I'm still trying to help you. I used a link that was posted by Darkshadow. It is a web page that gives you directions using NERO (Creating a Boot CD). I tried the link but the server for that link is currently down. You have to put the xpboot.img file in a particular spot on the NERO boot CD layout. I just followed the directions and it worked great. Like I said before,......... I got the XP file Windows_XP_Pro_Corp.exe. I then renamed the extension to .iso. I then used Winiso to extract it. I then used the directions that I got from Darkshadows link. The directions are translated from Portugese into english, but they are not to hard to follow. I don't believe that you can just add the xpboot.img with the extracted XP files and burn them to make a bootable cd. Maybe some of the more experienced KL'ers can chime in and help out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast