Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking in Scotland

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Done.

Somebody really ought to fix that, ya' know?
    You'd need a computer professional for that, mate. I don't think a hobbyist could be sure it was sorted properly. Certainly not from a security point of view,
    Too true, but I don't do I.T. security...perhaps I should, eh?

Know anyone good?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I'm not saying it's lynx either.

However, just from a logical standpoint, deletions across a member's multiple accounts = targeted. Deletion of a certain range of posts across said member = targeted.

I, however, would hate that if I was a mod and got into some public tiffs with a member(s) (which would actually be unlikely in those circumstances), that I'd be found guilty of post "erosion" purely based on that.

I am curious as too how the track were covered and would hope that admin would have a record of anything the mod team does. Hell it could've been admin....although I think the admin team was entirely different at the time (besides Entity).

Checks and balances. Admin watches mods, admin watches admin.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I'm not saying it's lynx either.

However, just from a logical standpoint, deletions across a member's multiple accounts = targeted. Deletion of a certain range of posts across said member = targeted.

I, however, would hate that if I was a mod and got into some public tiffs with a member(s) (which would actually be unlikely in those circumstances), that I'd be found guilty of post "erosion" purely based on that.

I am curious as too how the track were covered and would hope that admin would have a record of anything the mod team does. Hell it could've been admin....although I think the admin team was entirely different at the time (besides Entity).

Checks and balances. Admin watches mods, admin watches admin.

Copied.

Could someone copy mine. Database errors can be such a nuisance.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yes the posts were definitely deleted maliciously and certain individuals were targeted.

In other news, Germany has just invaded Poland
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    Poster
    Dang. I have quit smoking, but after trying to read this thread, I am so confused I think only nicotine can help my brain figure it out.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Dang. I have quit smoking, but after trying to read this thread, I am so confused I think only nicotine can help my brain figure it out.
    That's tragic, but in a good way.

Hi, 'rose.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I think we have the same ban here in Silver Spring, Maryland.

I don't know if there are exceptions, like, you know, "Hey this is a smoke bar. Don't fucking come in if you don't want to inhale da smuck."

You know there'll be some dickhead that comes in and say that it's his right to come in....and make everyone put out the cigs.

I've always been a non-smoker and think that people that now take up smoking are idiots. However, if they have a spot to enjoy themselves, have a drink, and take a puff, they should be able to do it. I wouldn't think I'd have the right to come in knowing that this has been set aside for them, and fuck it up.

It sounds like to get around this in banned areas that a place would need to offer free "memberships" and have people sign a simple paper that the establishment is a private club that only allows those who smoke (or can deal with smoke) inside.

We can then still watch some dickhead challenge it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    I agree with busy, if a place legally allows smoking and some dickhead comes in and says people should put out their cigarettes then he or she is a fucking dickhead shit for brains fucking cunt bastard.

Also if a place legally bans cigarettes and some dickhead comes in and insists on smoking then he or she is a fuckbastard and should get a fucking kicking and thrown out for it.

That seems fair, well said busy.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    That is the crux of the issue, should the government be permitted to rule that an otherwise perfectly legal activity can not take place on privately owned property? In itself it is a gross infringement on human rights. On the other hand, no-one is going to force you to enter the building, so your rights to clean air are not infringed.
    Old post but well said.

Next thing you know, folks won't be able to smoke at home.

Maybe Scotland can ban titty bars. Some dickhead will come in and say that he shouldn't subjected to such nudity and cry about it to lawmakers.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-31-2006 at 03:37 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    That is the crux of the issue, should the government be permitted to rule that an otherwise perfectly legal activity can not take place on privately owned property? In itself it is a gross infringement on human rights. On the other hand, no-one is going to force you to enter the building, so your rights to clean air are not infringed.
    Old post but well said.

Next thing you know, folks won't be able to smoke at home.
    Exceptionally good idea, especially if there's a baby in the house.

There's a proven link between smoking and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome ("cot death"). It's thought that about 80 cot death cases per year in the UK could be prevented by the baby not being exposed to cigarette smoke.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast