Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UK Online unveils 8Mb broadband

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    yup - i think thats very reasonable, and ive registered pre-interest for the new year...its avail to me by early jan...though i think im going to give them a couple of months to see what the CS etc is like. I doubt ill get the 8Mb, cos i cant get 2 off BT, but i should be able to get more than the 1 im on now.

The only obstacle left is that its a 12month contract...
    <insert signature here>

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I'm on a 12 month contact with Bulldog DSL, and as soon as I said I was unhappy with their service (a couple of months back) they said sorry and offered me a MAC code so I could migrate. They sorted themselves out though and I'm still with them, so don't think a 12 month contract will automatically bind you to everlasting doom if the service really is shit.

Count yourself lucky you can get it though. I'm 10 minutes away from Central London (SE London) and I've been emailed saying they have no plans for my exchange to be enabled. Here's a transcript:

Dear Mr Xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately the Forest Hill exchange is not on our current LLU rollout phase. That is all the information we have for now. Sorry!

Kind regards

Kerry D'Souza

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Lucky sobs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234