Thread: WinXP Run command that...?

A few months ago while i was setting up my new computer, i wanted to hide my "recent documents." I found a tip online where you could type into the "run" box a certain command, which opened up a configuration window. In it, you could hide/display various things by turning them on and off. I turned off recent docs, set it to clear history, etc... Well i've been having some issues lately and I would like to undo those changes, but i can't remember what to type into the "run" box. I googled it but couldn't find the info on it (kept finding ways to change registry). Please note that the "run" command was NOT regedit, it was something else.

I know it's a long shot, but any help is appreciated!
    Thanks for any help!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    msconfig?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Or if I'm not mistaken... Right Click Taskbar > Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customized > Advanced

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Not quite.
    I remember the config tool had a look similar to the look of the administrative tools.

Thanks for trying though

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Check out the Policys,
    in Admin tools.

Spoiler: Show

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    That is VERY similar to the config. tool that i was using, but i'm pretty sure this isn't the one (i didn't see anything about recend docs. or history in the policy editor). Its on the right track though.

Thanks