Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this guilt?

TheDave's Avatar n00b

while ive been offline, i've gone out and bought several games. now ive got 1mb internet uncapped and although i cant afford it i want to wait till next week for when i can buy half life 2, rather than download it.

p.s. will it have problems with deamon tools?

2. Games   -   #2
    No release out yet. However remember EVERYTIME YOU WANT O PLAY THE GAME YOU WILL HAVE HE BE ON THE NET!!! NOT JUST THE FIRST TIME! EVERYTIME YOU PLACE THE GAME IT HAS TO CONNEC TO STEAM SERVERS! So i wouldn cu your internet off if you are thinking of playing HL2.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    for me i have to be online to log in to the steam network - but if you then turn off your interent connection - you can play half life2 in offline mode. just in case anyone didnt know.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Games   -   #4
    Debaser
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    No release out yet. However remember EVERYTIME YOU WANT O PLAY THE GAME YOU WILL HAVE HE BE ON THE NET!!! NOT JUST THE FIRST TIME! EVERYTIME YOU PLACE THE GAME IT HAS TO CONNEC TO STEAM SERVERS! So i wouldn cu your internet off if you are thinking of playing HL2.
    I don't know alot about HL2 but what kinda crap is that? There's no single player mode?

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    no mate - theres a massive single player mode and for multiplayer you get counterstrike cource free with the dvd.

the online steam system is just to prevent piracy etc - you can play half life 2 offline once youve properley registered etc. its a pain in the arse (took me about 40 mins all in!) - but worth it - half life2 single player is excellent
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

6. Games   -   #6
    Debaser
    Ahh I see.

That's crazy, but it makes sense, game companies should've been doing that all along. But still, way to piss off the customers who actually buy the game, what are they supposed to do if they don't have an internet connection?

7. Games   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz
    Ahh I see.

That's crazy, but it makes sense, game companies should've been doing that all along. But still, way to piss off the customers who actually buy the game, what are they supposed to do if they don't have an internet connection?
    whats worse is even though i followed the instructions. offline mode doesn't work for me. today the website was down too, so people who baught it today wont have been able to register

8. Games   -   #8
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    whats worse is even though i followed the instructions. offline mode doesn't work for me. today the website was down too, so people who baught it today wont have been able to register
    I think it goes to the point where ppl buys the DVD,
    then finds the Steam Crack form the net just to play the damn game.

Im in no hurry gettin' this game, and by the time I am,
    I probably DL the DVD version first and take a look.

It will be interesting to see how this Steam will prevent piracy.
    I guess it can slow down some but the fight is over allready.

Got the CS-S on me puter allready.
    Spoiler: Show

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    im not quite sure how the steam offline mode works - but my offline wasent working on the first day i bought it. try playing a single player half life2 with an active internet connection - then quite the game but keep steam running. then turn off internet and relaunch the game.

it worked for me mate - an offline mode saves a lot of the arsing about

10. Games   -   #10
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    its going too far because there will inevitably be days when no-one can play the games they payed for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast