Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: troble opening some games

Poster
    im having troble opening some games i cot off of da net
    doom 3
    nights of the old republic

they show up as blue icons in my shared folder. i tryed to open then with winrar, it doest load it. i also tryed virtual cd 5 still nothing

help please

2. Games   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Don't use k-lite, they are corrupt.

3. Games   -   #3
    download games with Bittorrent @ suprnova.org or torrentbits.org

4. Games   -   #4
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by twister
    download games with Bittorrent @ suprnova.org or torrentbits.org
    word

5. Games   -   #5
    & fasttracker. Ofcourse FTp's are much better

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    thanks peps

question :

y do people keep 600meg files on their pcs if the files r corrupt?? thats stupid (".)

7. Games   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    because the ppl that actually keep them on their PC's are lazy and too f**king dumb, and some of those "people" are out to try and track your IP. do what twister said, Bittorrent and Suprnova go hand in hand, unless you can get an account with Torrentbits, then you're in heaven . Oh, and if you know how and got the connections, FTP kicks ass, so do newsgroups.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    how do u use bittorrents,supernova etc.. ive never used them b4. what about emule/edonkey or r these crap as well???

9. Games   -   #9
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Guide To Using Bittorrent

And there's some guides and such in the board for other apps etc.
    Take a look around.

Last edited by Afronaut; 11-16-2004 at 09:19 AM.
    Spoiler: Show

10. Games   -   #10
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    here we go (pay attention now):

Emule = good program, but very very very (i really mean it) very slow speeds, impossible to download large files, but you can find almost anything on it (rare files and what not)

how to use BT:

first, choose a client, i prefer bittornado, so go here, download the prog, and install it:

http://download.bittornado.com/downl...w32install.exe

once you've installed it, go to http://www.suprnova.org (yes it's spelled right, and always go to .org, never .com or .net, always .org, make sure there is no "e" in suprnova). when you arrive at the site, browse around, try the search function to narrow down your searches. but first, try a "test" download, go to the music section and find a file (album, one song, doesn't matter), now look at the number in green colour, that's how many people are sharing that file (also known as SEEDERS/SEEDING/SEEDED), the blue number is how many downloads there were of that file. go ahead and click on a file, it'll download automatically (if not, just click open if prompted to, the other choices will be to save or cancel). once it's done downloading (takes less than a second, it's a very small file) BitTornado will open up and prompt you and ask you where you would like to save the file to, just select desktop and click ok. sit back and let it download, once it's done downloading (the progress bar will turn green and the button that originally said pause will now say finish), go to your desktop and open the file up. congrats, you've just learned how to use Bittorrent. there are many many bittorrent sites out there at your disposal, go to google and search them out, but in my opinion these are the best:

http://www.suprnova.org
    http://www.torrentreactor.net
    http://www.torrentbits.org

the deal with torrentbits is that you have to have an account with them (it's free) but they have a limit of 100,000 users, and it's always usually full. so keep trying to sign up and you just might get an account (torrenbits is the best torrent site i know of, it has many great downloads, and the download speeds are incredible to say the least).

your average bittorrent download speed is 80kb/s (in my case, i'm using Cable connection).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast