Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 3 launch date is announced

popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5

Hugely popular video game Halo 3 is due for a September debut, Microsoft has announced.

The September release date is earlier than expected and will help Microsoft in its drive to make the Xbox 360 console the gaming machine of choice this Christmas.

Halo 3 is the final instalment of the video game that has been crucial to sales of Microsoft's Xbox.

The game debuts in the US on 25 September and one day later in Europe.

No word has been given on when it will be available in Japan.

Entertainment event

A trial version of the online portion of the game was released on 16 May.

Microsoft has only released information about US pricing. The basic game will cost $59.99 (£30), a limited edition for $69.99 and a legendary edition for $129.99. It is likely that European prices will be higher than direct exchange rate conversions suggest.

The Halo series of games are first-person shooters which detail the ongoing conflict between humans and the Covenant - an alliance of alien races.

Halo 3 has been likened to a blockbuster movie and continues the conflict on Earth which has been conquered and is now controlled by the Covenant.

Like many console games it has a multi-player section that allows players to take each other on in a variety of settings. In mid-May the first three multi-player maps were released to players in a beta test of the Halo 3 game.

In the multi-player games, players use weapons and vehicles to win battles or achieve strategic objectives, such as capturing flags or defending territories.

The first Halo was launched with Microsoft's Xbox in November 2001.

More than 2.5m copies of the Halo 2 were sold on its day of release - with sales of more than $125m.

Microsoft has said that this year's Christmas season will be "critical" in its ongoing console war with rival Sony.

"They don't really have an answer to Halo 3," Shane Kim, head of Microsoft Game Studios told Reuters.

Microsoft has pitched the release of the game as one of the biggest entertainment launches of the year, comparing it to the new Harry Potter book and the movie Spider-Man 3.

2. Games   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Microsoft has pitched the release of the game as one of the biggest entertainment launches of the year, comparing it to the new Harry Potter book and the movie Spider-Man 3.
    I heard Spider-Man 3 was dissapointing, lol, so I hope Halo 3 isn't as much as Halo 2 was compared to Halo.

The September release date is earlier than expected and will help Microsoft in its drive to make the Xbox 360 console the gaming machine of choice this Christmas.
    Hmmm, September? I doubt it.

3. Games   -   #3
    Eytan's Avatar AddicTed_To_ATB BT Rep: +2
    I doubt it too, september is too earlier ...

4. Games   -   #4
    Ok so when is the Campout for Halo3?

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by starblade View Post
    Ok so when is the Campout for Halo3?
    By campout do you mean refresh NZB / Torrent sites?

6. Games   -   #6
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    I am so getting the legendary edition with the replica masterchief helmet
    Last edited by WHiKWiRE; 05-25-2007 at 12:53 AM.

7. Games   -   #7
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by whickwire View Post
    I am so getting the legendary edition with the replica masterchief helmet

8. Games   -   #8
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

9. Games   -   #9
    pazsh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    believe me this game worth the wait

10. Games   -   #10
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I have been playing the Beta version and I like what I see so far. New weapons and even the maps in Beta look great. They have also added a few more game types to the Beta testing for people to get used to.

$10 says Whickwire gets the helmet stuck on his head within the first week of release...
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast