Thread: The Ring (divx)

Defikon
    I downloaded a DIVX copy of the Ring (jap version) , It was a K-Lite verified but once I'd finished downloading and went to watch it only played for 4 mins and then cut out =\ . Anyone know what the problem is?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by Defikon@29 March 2003 - 12:55
    I downloaded a DIVX copy of the Ring (jap version) , It was a K-Lite verified but once I'd finished downloading and went to watch it only played for 4 mins and then cut out =\ . Anyone know what the problem is?
    What player are you using? System? OS? Codecs?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    I have had the exact same problem. All I put it down to was a data-error on transfer so re-download it and try. Of course, it may be something simple like a codec etc so maybe lets hope its that. In my experience, when that problem occurs, i just re-download and it is fine (except for when I had downloaded final destination 2, lets not talk about that tho)

Also, there are on part one of the ring several errors where the movie cuts out. I would of made a NanDub fix for you but I deleted the movie, sorry. Try looking at what point the movie cuts out then skipping with the scroll par on ur media player to about 5 seconds after it.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Downlaod,

The Ring (2002)

CD1 - 713,884 KB
    CD2 - 717,412 KB

A young journalist must investigate a mysterious videotape which seems to cause the death of anyone in a week of viewing it.
    Perfect DVD Rip 2nd file overlaps by a second or two.
    DVD Screener, Copyright Message Appears four or five times
    Xvid and AC3 Needed

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Since this thread was started re the Japanese version of The Ring, any advice about the Hollywood release is rather unusable....

The file is around, and is good...my thought is that the 'bad guys' have figured out a way to make a blank file have the same hash as a real file, and are corrupting the network that way...have had this happen a few times lately...

If the cut out as described above is just the player crashing, then try running it through virtual dub and finding, and deleting, any bad frames...