Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about half life 2 (and other) threads

Poster
    quick question about posting - you know when theyre are too many threads on one game, the mods like to condense the posts to the one thread?

if you have a completely different question (for eaxmple how to get part this part of the level etc? as apposed to what most of the thread is about (sys requirements/download files etc) - should it go in the same thread but be unrelated? or is it ok to start a new thread?

i dont actually want to start a new thread, just wondering so i dont piss anyone off next time!

cheers fella's
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    well, mods want to keep things in order, all organized and what not. but if it's really buggin ya, i don't see why any one would mind if you started a thread. lol, you shoulda seen me when doom3 came out

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Retired
    If its a game related question please keep it in the sticky thread.
    If you dunno for sure make a new thread then we can always merge it

Moved -> Everything related to this board
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 11-18-2004 at 01:10 AM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    In a fair world you should be able to make a seperate thread, however you should label the thread (via the title) in such a way as to avoid confusion. Just having the title "Half-Life 2" is pretty useless.

Something like "Half-Life 2 Graphics Problems" or "Half-Life 2 Steam Registration Problems" is a lot more helpful than "OMG WTF!!! HALF LIFE!!!1111".

My two euros.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    In a fair world you should be able to make a seperate thread, however you should label the thread (via the title) in such a way as to avoid confusion. Just having the title "Half-Life 2" is pretty useless.

Something like "Half-Life 2 Graphics Problems" or "Half-Life 2 Steam Registration Problems" is a lot more helpful than "OMG WTF!!! HALF LIFE!!!1111".

My two euros.
    thats a good point,
    Last couple of days most threads were all about the same thing so I created 1 single thread. When the 'hype' is over the thread will be unpinned.

If you got a question related to a certain level of the game I don't mind if you create a new thread about it but then please use a title that will give some sort of hint about what's in the thread itself. I wanna ask members to stay on-topic and won't talk about other stuff related 2 that game in 'those' kind of threads so the main talking about the game will be in the sticky thread.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @newcombe6 ,Nice to see someone with some sence that asks .

@cpt_azad, Why did I think of you when reading this thread?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    or just start every thread you make with [guide] or [question] or something like that and it tells the reader what your thread will be about.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    or just start every thread you make with [guide] or [question] or something like that and it tells the reader what your thread will be about.
    Making them temporary subforums eliminates all that.

The current way still doesn't get rid of the main problem....filling the Games forum with same game threads.

Temp forums allow specific threads about individual things, if one so chooses.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-18-2004 at 02:40 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Making them temporary subforums eliminates all that.

The current way still doesn't get rid of the main problem....filling the Games forum with same game threads.

Temp forums allow specific threads about individual things, if one so chooses.
    Yeah, a good point.

Dunno how much work that would be but im guessing
    it cant be that much, maybe couple of min.
    per temp.forum.

Spoiler: Show

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Retired
    I dont think a temp section is a good idea... we dont get that much replies/treads about 1 game to make 1 complete section only for 1 game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast