Thread: mp3 tag 2.26

Poster
    in mp3 tag v 2.26 how do i change all the songs (which are in a folder) names at once so they will have spaces instead of underscores (_) and so the release group wont be in the songs names either? thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    at once i think its impossible but u have to right clcik the mp3 rename

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by h121589
    at once i think its impossible but u have to right clcik the mp3 rename
    is there a app that can do it all at once?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    EtaunisniHtrad's Avatar Just Another Fad
    you can do it with MP3tag, just select the songs you want to change click the 'Actions' icon, and choose 'standard' - this actually changes a bunch of stuff as well like changing Dj to DJ, you can customise this if you want

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You do exactly what you want with Tag N Rename. Select the "Get Tags From File Name" and set the "Mask Editor" to something like "%6-%1-%2-%9", which will vary depending on file name, that will put the group names in the comments feild tag or you could even take a shorcut to this by getting tags from Freedb if available. Then click "Write Tags". Now that youve seperated the info in the tags go to the "Remame Files" tab and setup the "Mask Editor" aslo with something like " %1 - %6 - %2", depending on what fields you want written to the filename, then click "Rename Files" again, notice the %9 is now removed form the actual filename. This is very quick once you get it setup. There is also check boxes for changing underscores and how you want things capitalized as well as m3u creatorsrs...
    Last edited by RealitY; 11-18-2004 at 08:55 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    thanks all!