Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike Source - Beginners?

Poster
    evening all. just ought half life 2 and thought id start playing online counter strike having never really played it before

absolutely love it! but whats the best way of logging on to servers with only beginners on it? im pretty good at shooters but find the bigger maps full of clans you can regularly kick my arse! is there a way to find some average/beginner players and log on to those?

also whats the rules on joining maps with only two players? if you jump into one of these games you outnumber one of the teams? no-one has said anything but are you supposed to assume two people want to be left alone to have a scrap or is it the more the merrier?

also anyone fancy starting a team from these forums to have a bit of a mass scrap?

cheers for any help in advance
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Games   -   #2
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i just got it and i never played it either

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    well i wanted to see what all the fuss was about! give it a go dave - damn good laugh - just trying to find people of similar standard - hence this thread!
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Games   -   #4
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    whats your name on steam?

mine is , and thats for anyone who's had enough of life

edit: maybe it's best not to put it on here. i payed £35 i dont want my account disabled
    Last edited by TheDave; 11-18-2004 at 05:27 PM.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    good thinking probably mate! how come you had to pay? doesnt it come free with half life2, counter strike condition zero?

6. Games   -   #6
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i had to pay for half life

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Well I got it yesterday that was the first time I've ever played the Half-Life series

What I did for a good few hours is follow around the main group you have the C-Terrorists & the Terrorists people play the game in diffrent ways some are campers (Just sit about and wait) some go off on their own, most go around in a group.

If you follow the biggest group and basically learn what everyone does it comes in usefull I'm surprised they actually use tactics most online games you get people running around like headless chickens

Spectator mode is usefull too, But will get boring as it'll make you want to play it.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    gotcha - worth it though! quite impressed with it actually - thought the hype might be more than the game - hasent let me down yet!

have you messed about with the settings when youre logging on to games? is theyre a way to filter in only newcomers to the games do you know?

9. Games   -   #9
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    spectate might be a good idea but i dont wanna be a slot blocker

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by newcombe6
    have you messed about with the settings when youre logging on to games? is theyre a way to filter in only newcomers to the games do you know?
    Look for a lot of people called "player"
    Last edited by Tifosi; 11-18-2004 at 06:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast