Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Texans: Cross-dressing breeds Homosexuality

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    My mum told me that if my legs fell off I needn't come running to her.

Strange lady my mum
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Peddler
    You have to realize that East Texas is also the heart of the Bible Belt. Those people are NOT a good cross section of Texans in general.

Edit: I am from East Texas, so trust me on this one!
    it worries me that Margaret Spellings is now nationaly taking over education...are we going to see texan style sex education nationally?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    it worries me that Margaret Spellings is now nationaly taking over education...are we going to see texan style sex education nationally?
    Does this involve cactii at all?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Does this involve cactii at all?
    lets just say no pricks are involved....at least not without marriage

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    I suredly hope you are not implying that the entirity of the Texas education system is poor, now are you? Yes, the public school system needs a lot of work, but this is the problem of having an independent school system instead of a public school system. Texas houses many fine private schools across the state.

The majority of the folks I attended school with have gone to be highly successful intellectually.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    The Passion
    I must give Comic_Peddler full marks for his replies in this thread.

To be honest, the thread was named as such to attract attention. (Like I'm the first )
    And to be even more honest, the only two Texans I have ever had (business) dealings with were highly intelligent and very amicable folks, thus disproving the common perception/stigma.

Although, I still stand by my belief that bible thumpers need to keep their values within their own groups, or those willing to listen to them, as they are not a global concensus on human rights, as some are led to believe. However, as C_P accurately pointed out, those most outspoken Texans are not the most numerous.

Important Note: Disregard above political-esque statement; This is the lounge. How easily we forget...

Also, thanks for the nod JPaul, 'twas for your and my enjoyment (and that of a few other so-called 'elders')

7. Lounge   -   #27
    SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    Why did society even create cloths that are considered "boys clothes" and "girls clothes", why set yet another boundary? How can the things you wear to keep you warm and cover your body be considered "feminine" or "masculine"?

:confused:
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaGeekGirl
    How can the things you wear to keep you warm and cover your body be considered "feminine" or "masculine"?

:confused:
    As a parent that turned into a typical "what do they think they look like" sort of thinker when looking at younger fashions ( trust me i never though it would happen to me...and it will happen to you)..... i have to ask....how the heck do some of these "outfits" keep anything warm ?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    As a parent that turned into a typical "what do they think they look like" sort of thinker when looking at younger fashions ( trust me i never though it would happen to me...and it will happen to you)..... i have to ask....how the heck do some of these "outfits" keep anything warm ?
    they dont. its as simple as that

and dont let anyone argue otherwise! its a crock...

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Peddler
    I suredly hope you are not implying that the entirity of the Texas education system is poor, now are you? Yes, the public school system needs a lot of work, but this is the problem of having an independent school system instead of a public school system. Texas houses many fine private schools across the state.

The majority of the folks I attended school with have gone to be highly successful intellectually.
    No i was refering to the "abstinence only" text books on birth control....i did specifically point to just that subject...... entirely seperate from "general education"...

Last edited by vidcc; 11-19-2004 at 06:52 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast