Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texans: Cross-dressing breeds Homosexuality

The Passion
    'Cross-Dressing' Out, Camouflage In

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Camouflage was in and cross-dressing was out at a rural East Texas school district after a Christian legal group complained a long-standing school tradition of reversing social roles for a day would promote homosexuality.

Students in Spurger, Texas were encouraged by school officials to wear camouflage hunting gear to class on Wednesday after they called off their annual "TWIRP Day" in which boys dressed as girls and vice versa.

The cross-dressing tradition began some years back as a kind of Sadie Hawkins Day where girls ask boys to go out on dates.

TWIRP stands for "The Woman Is Requested To Pay."

But Delana Davies, who has two children in the Spurger school, complained this year that the tradition could promote homosexuality and got the Liberty Legal Institute, a right-wing Christian legal group, to take up the cause.

"It might be fun today to dress up like a little girl -- kids think it's cute and things like that. And you start playing around with it and, like drugs, you do a little here and there (and) eventually it gets you," Davies told reporters.

"It is outrageous that a school in a small town in east Texas would encourage their 4-year-olds to be cross-dressers," institute litigation director Hiram Sasser said.

He sought and obtained permission from the district for the woman's children to stay out of school for the day.

School attorney Tanner Hunt told Reuters the Liberty group misrepresented TWIRP Day and made it sound sinister when it has always been innocent fun.

"I guarantee you nobody on the school board or in the administration ever had that cross their minds," Hunt said of the "cross-dressing" reference.

Sasser said it was not his intent to disparage the school.

"The district gets mad every time I say 'cross-dress,' but I don't know what other way to describe it," he told Reuters.

Because of the controversy, school officials decided to change Wednesday from TWIRP Day to Camouflage Day, in what Hunt described as a reference to the clothing hunters wear during deer-hunting season, which is going on now and is enormously popular in rural Texas.

Despite the change from TWIRP Day, Hunt said some of the students stuck to the old tradition and wore clothes of the opposite sex.

"I understand from the superintendent that some of the boys dressed in pink shorts anyway," he said.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=6855255

Sometimes, I struggle to comprehend humanity....

In true JP fashion: "Discuss"
    Last edited by Loomis; 11-18-2004 at 10:27 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    We all have our obsessions and Mrs Davies clearly has hers.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. Lounge   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

how stupid can you get

4. Lounge   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    seeing as this is in the lounge.

I have no problem with homosexuals...but we have enough ugly women in the world...do we need men to dress like them ?

I don't think i would let my children participate in such a tradition, but not because i think they will grow up gay....my daughters dress in "boy type clothes" all the time...i don't fear them becoming lesbian.... it's just silly.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Indeed.

If your daughter wears denims, doc marten boots a t-shirt and a baseball cap is she a cross dresser. A bit grumpy perhaps, but not a transvesticator.
    I'm a cross dresser?

Honestly, this is just a wee bit silly. I mean, they're talking about a school tradition, one bloody day, not a lifestyle change here.

I can't understand why a man would ever want to cross dress. Stockings? Heels? Makeup? Bras? Thongs? Hell most women in their right minds don't like wearing this crap.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Shhhh, I'm thinking.

Damn, it only quotes teh first...
    Last edited by Afronaut; 11-18-2004 at 09:30 PM.
    Spoiler: Show

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD

I can't understand why a man would ever want to cross dress. Stockings? Heels? Makeup? Bras? Thongs? Hell most women in their right minds don't like wearing this crap.
    Oh dear

Jonno

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    figures its in texas sad really.... like Nikki said, its one day.....

this woman really thinks that suddenly all those kids will "become" gay and the town of Spurger will die off due to the sudden lack of procreation? gimme a break

9. Lounge   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    . Stockings? Heels? Makeup? Bras? Thongs? Hell most women in their right minds don't like wearing this crap.
    Who cares if women like wearing them ..... MEN LIKE WOMEN WEARING THEM... some men may disagree but that's because they are fags

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    I guess they'd prefer a bunch of kids running around on camo gear? Will the wonders never cease.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast