Thread: Strange P2P Problem

Dougyyyyy

Tongue

I use a computer at the library of the college I go to. Because of this there are certain restrictions on what types of things a user can do. These restrictions make it impossible to install most (but not all) software.

I have been using Morpheus because it was one of the only ones I could get to install on the computer. However, Morpheus recently came out with version 4.6. With this new version I am unable to download anything. I can get it connected and do searches with plenty of results but when I go to download it just says "waiting to retry source" or "source has gone offline"

I have tried just about all p2p programs to see if they would work on the library PC with little luck. The only other program I could get to work was Win MX but I really dont like it.

Anyone have any suggestions in getting Morpheus 4.6 to work?

Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    just give winmx more of a try

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Depends what u want to dl.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    just give winmx more of a try
    I feel sorry for those of you still using a inferior network,EMULE will save all of your downloading needs.True it may be a bit slow,and SEEM to take forever,yet its well worth it.Much better security then "winnymx" as i happen to say.Tell then adieu
    We"Think TOO different"-Anton LaVey

Image Removed by RF: Too big and inappropriate

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by HailAntonLaVey
    I feel sorry for those of you still using a inferior network,EMULE will save all of your downloading needs.True it may be a bit slow,and SEEM to take forever,yet its well worth it.Much better security then "winnymx" as i happen to say.Tell then adieu
    Once again, it is a personal choice what programs a person prefers no matter how much you try to preach emule. I have tried it, it is a piece of shit. Do I critize others who like it? no.

BTW, winny is a Japanese rebuild of winmx. Trust me, emule isn't good enough to lick winny's shoe soles.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Buy your own computer. Who wants to download with a libary computer?!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    nsane's Avatar .
    exactly, you could also get in serious trouble, possibly expelled, for installing software on most school computers (security risk). tho, most colleges have gone server side, the HDD is restored with settings from the server every reboot

just buy your own box and hook it up to their network, if you live on campus, as most colleges provide free high speed net access
    Last edited by nsane; 11-21-2004 at 05:43 AM.