Thread: Audigy 4 vs Audigy 2 ZS Platiunum Pro

Which has more features for recording??
    Pros and cons of each card please

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
    http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.c...f=n&vID=191053

Audigy 4
    http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.c...f=n&vID=193680
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I have a 2ZS, but without the preamp and stuff, it works pretty good. The ZS platinum pro is just newer.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 11-21-2004 at 10:46 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    The Audigy 2 is newer then the audigy 4?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    TheNobleEU's Avatar Post Count Slacker
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgfoxx
    The Audigy 2 is newer then the audigy 4?
    The main difference in the Audigy 2 Platinum over the basic version ZS is the front loader I/O hub decks (which provide 6 in/out stereo jacks). So Unless you are a hardcore link-up junkie, or perhaps if you want to do your own digital music editing, there's really no reason to buy the higher end Sound Blasters (the big reason I can see someone would want to buy the Platinum or Platinum Pro is to jack into an external stereo hifi-surround sound system. If you have computer based 5.1 surround or better, you don't need a Platinum. As has been the case for years [since the release of the Live! series cards], Creative packages the same card with different software bundles, and then renames the card, giving the impression you're getting a better piece of hardware for the higher price -- all you're really doing is paying for the software bundle. OEM is your best bet if you can wait).

Note: the primary reason to buy an Audigy 2+ at all is to get support for your computer based surround sound. If you have a newer Live! and have support for 5.1, you probably don't need a Audigy 2. You do need an Audigy 2 if you want support for 6.1 surround or better -- otherwise not all channels will fire. My new T7700 7.1 system wouldn't operate at its full potential on a Live!, which is certified to only 5.1.

http://www.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1

The big differences I see between say the Audigy 2 ZS and the Audigy 4 is a greater SNR range (Audigy 4: 113 vs Audigy ZS: 108 db, whoop-de-doo), and the much-increased number of channels on the Audigy 4: 64 channels. Other than these, all the cards of the Audigy 2+ line share essentially the same features.

Not sure whether the Audigy 4 is available yet, but I haven't seen them. That said the Audigy 2 Platinum and Platinum Pro alone are double the cost of the Audigy 2 ZS. Expect to shell out for the Audigy 4 when it ships.

HTH,
    -EU
    Last edited by TheNobleEU; 11-23-2004 at 02:58 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNobleEU
    The main difference in the Audigy 2 Platinum over the basic version ZS is the front loader I/O hub decks (which provide 6 in/out stereo jacks). So Unless you are a hardcore link-up junkie, or perhaps if you want to do your own digital music editing, there's really no reason to buy the higher end Sound Blasters (the big reason I can see someone would want to buy the Platinum or Platinum Pro is to jack into an external stereo hifi-surround sound system. If you have computer based 5.1 surround or better, you don't need a Platinum. As has been the case for years [since the release of the Live! series cards], Creative packages the same card with different software bundles, and then renames the card, giving the impression you're getting a better piece of hardware for the higher price -- all you're really doing is paying for the software bundle. OEM is your best bet if you can wait).

Note: the primary reason to buy an Audigy 2+ at all is to get support for your computer based surround sound. If you have a newer Live! and have support for 5.1, you probably don't need a Audigy 2. You do need an Audigy 2 if you want support for 6.1 surround or better -- otherwise not all channels will fire. My new T7700 7.1 system wouldn't operate at its full potential on a Live!, which is certified to only 5.1.

http://www.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1

The big differences I see between say the Audigy 2 ZS and the Audigy 4 is a greater SNR range (Audigy 4: 113 vs Audigy ZS: 108 db, whoop-de-doo), and the much-increased number of channels on the Audigy 4: 64 channels. Other than these, all the cards of the Audigy 2+ line share essentially the same features.

Not sure whether the Audigy 4 is available yet, but I haven't seen them. That said the Audigy 2 Platinum and Platinum Pro alone are double the cost of the Audigy 2 ZS. Expect to shell out for the Audigy 4 when it ships.

HTH,
    -EU
    This is a great post lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum