Thread: .bin & .cue question

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have a game that I need to put on a cd. I have 2 bin files and 2 cue files. When burning with nero, do I burn as a 'data disc' or what? Also, is that all I need to do burn it, and when I run it, it will install?? I've never done this b4 obviously. I just don't want 10 coasters and a headache . If you need to, you can email any info here: ([email protected])

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    in nero go to recorder -> burn image
    select the cue file for the first disk and burn
    repeat for the second disk

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    the way ILW said is correct.

if you were to do a data disc then it would just be burning a cue file and bin file to the disc. it would then not have teh contents that the real disc is supposed to have.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    and the bin files? Burn those with the cue or dont burn them at all er what?
    Last edited by Skizo; 11-20-2004 at 06:17 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    the cue file is actually just a pointer telling nero where to find the bin file (bin and cue should be in the same directory) and some details on how to burn it. If you're curious, open up the cue file in notepad or word and have a look at it, its just a text file. Just follow the instructions above and all will be well, trust me

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    ill let u know how it goes...
    Last edited by Skizo; 11-20-2004 at 06:26 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Also any time you download a .bin and .cue file make sure you don't rename them otherwise teh .cue file wont be able to find the .bin and you will get errors when trying to burn.

if you do happen to rename the .bin and can't remember the old name then you can just open the .cue with notepad then change the name inside there.