Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: NBA fight

  1. #1
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058

    Dry

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...rt/4029365.stm

    The National Basketball Association has suspended Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest and Detroit's Ben Wallace for brawling.

    Following one of the ugliest incidents in United States sports history, the league has handed the four players indefinite suspensions.

    The brawl started when Artest was ruled to have fouled Ben Wallace, who hit back with a shove in Artest's face.

    The NBA also intends to reviewing its rules and security procedures.

    Commissioner David Stern called Friday's scenes "shocking, repulsive and inexcusable - a humiliation for everyone associated with the NBA".

    In a statement, Stern added: "Our investigation is ongoing, and I expect it to be completed by Sunday."

    The bans for Artest, O'Neal and Jackson, all of whom threw punches at fans during the fight at the end of the Pacers-Pistons game - start on Saturday, when the Pacers played a home game against Orlando.

    Wallace's suspension will begin with the Pistons' next home game on Sunday against the Charlotte Bobcats.

    Pistons spokesman Tom Wilson said the team plans to double the number of armed police and increase arena security by about 25% for Sunday's game.

    The brawl has stunned US sport. Artest and Jackson bolted into the stands near centre court and threw punches at fans after debris was thrown at the players.

    Later, fans who came onto the court were punched in the face by Artest and
    O'Neal.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...rt/4029365.stm
    Video:
    http://www.azulinteractive.com/nbabrawl.wmv



    making millions a month and still acting like teenagers.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 11-21-2004 at 01:13 AM.

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Debaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ohierz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    478
    Yeah I just saw it on the news, amazing to watch and it seemed like it went on forever. One fight starting after another, really really crazy.

    Never thought I'd see something on that scale at an NBA game. Was more like a soccer riot

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    This may sound mean, but that was kind of fun to watch. Like a wrestling/boxing match..

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    355
    Some blame goes to the retarded fans of Detroit.

    They deserve every pounding by a 6'7'' 250 pound professional athlete they get.

    and the athletes should be suspended for the year for doing such. How do you explain that to kids?


    and, finally, no selling of beer at games.
    Last edited by spinningfreemanny; 11-21-2004 at 05:27 AM.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    there is beer there?

    I would put more blame on the professional athlete because there are suppose to be "professional", right? Ok someone throws something to you and you are pissed about it. That’s understandable. But you are a professional athlete at your place of work that is filled with guards. Someone will kick him out. He will get a fine or get into some sort of trouble. There is no need for all that to happend..
    Last edited by Ariel_001; 11-21-2004 at 06:37 AM.

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    355
    Yeah, it is players fault, mainly,

    But if you have ever been to a basketball game, (especially in L.A. or Detroit) You know that there are a few drunk fans that I would like to sock if I had the money.

    If These fans get no money, and in fact are punished, (as well as the abolition of the liquid courage that makes a skinny guy want to start a fight with someone twice his muscle mass) maybe fans will learn.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Some blame goes to the retarded fans of Detroit.

    They deserve every pounding by a 6'7'' 250 pound professional athlete they get.

    and the athletes should be suspended for the year for doing such. How do you explain that to kids?


    and, finally, no selling of beer at games.
    I agree with your first 2 points. You shoudnt have to be afraid of being attacked by fans when you are playing for your career. Something needs to be done to the fans of Detroit.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.


  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,360
    While I agree the fans should accept part of the blame ( I don't condone anyone throwing anything) The athletes had no place going into the stands. If you watch closely, the first guy that Artest hit was innocent. The guy wearing the hat that grabs Artest from behind is the one who threw the cup of beer.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Coventry, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    167
    Absolute disgrace.
    The funniest thing is though is that behind all of this carnage, the huge ad boards read "I LOVE THIS GAME"

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,626
    The suspensions were just handed down and they are the stiffest in NBA history.

    Ron Artest - Suspended for the rest of the NBA season (73 games)
    Stephen Jackson – 30 games
    Jermaine O’Neal – 25 games
    Ben Wallace – 6
    Anthony Johnson – 5
    And four others received 1 game.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •