Thread: Would It Be Useful?

Basically, a ShareReactor, for the Fasttrack Network?

I was thinking of starting work on one.. I think it may help people trying to find older files, and even help the spread of new files, as more people would know of them in the first place.

Edit: Please take note, I am not trying to replace this forum, but build a solid archive of the verified files available.

Comments?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    sounds good to me the more the better

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Ex-member
    There is already a solid archive of the available verifieds on this forum:

The verifieds!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    What we need is the Movieworld Database! How's this coming along people? Is it still on the cards? Haven't heard anyone mention it for ages

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Point taken, Lamsey, but that is not my objective.

As you know, threads get started and soon get taken over by other threads, and it can be hard to find what your looking for.

My idea is, to make this easier for people, a large searchable db would make this much easier.

I'm only toying with the idea atm, as I just want to see what people here think.. I have a feeling some will feel I'm trying to rip off this forum, which I am not trying to do.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Ex-member
    but the verifieds are searchable!

Just type in the name of the stuff you want and something will come up.

Just don't want to see you wasting your time. I think it's best just to have things in the one place.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Lamsey@30 March 2003 - 17:39
    but the verifieds are searchable!
    Yes, but we all know how prone n00bz are to request, then search.

Hmm, this idea seems to be worse everytime I think about it.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Skillian@30 March 2003 - 18:36
    What we need is the Movieworld Database! How's this coming along people? Is it still on the cards? Haven't heard anyone mention it for ages
    The work on the databse has been stopped temporarly, because the crew seems to be busy with their real life, including me, but we are still working on it. We have collected almost every movie posted on the board and the list is almost done. Now we have to arrange everything, link it to the original threads and fill in the missing info. I don't think that the database will be coming up very soon, but it will eventually.
    Why you haven't heard anything about it is because the database crew has its own room on the board, which is only visible to the crew and administrators&moderators. That is where we are working on the databse.

@spudlover:
    Your idea is just fine, the only thing is, jetje already came up with the same idea some time ago. You can read more about it here:
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=25&t=18585

Guys, the database is being worked on, please be patient and wish us luck.

9. Lounge   -   #9

In the quiet words of the virgin mary, f00k it!

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Thanks tilen76, as long as it's still going I'm happy - I never thought it would be a quick and easy job, so thanks to you guys for putting in the work. B)

Just checking it was still happening and hadn't been ditched.