Thread: Square/Enix......

Debaser
    This happened about a month ago but I doubt a lot of people here are even aware of it, so I thought I’d post it and see what you think.

Recently Square Enix forced a fan-made remake of the popular classic “Chrono Trigger” to shut down or face legal action. The project, named “Chrono Resurrection” had been gaining notoriety for its attempt to recreate the world of Chrono Trigger in full 3D. The project was sparked by Square Enixs' reluctance to produce a 3rd game in the popular series by letting their registration on the name "Chrono Break" expire early this year.
    Check out the homepage of Chrono Resurrection here, and guys if you’re a CT fan make sure you take a look at the trailer, its jaw dropping.

I understand that Square/Enix or Squeenix or whatever the hell you want to call them has the right to shut down something like this but c'mon, this is some petty shit on Squares part. You go to any amateur gamemaker site and the Chrono remakes are hitting you in the face left and right, there was no reason for this. The developers of course weren't planning on marketing or selling it, it was nothing more than fan art.

I dunno, seems pretty bizarre to me, didn't think Square had turned into that kind of company yet.
    Last edited by Haz; 11-24-2004 at 07:11 AM.

2. Games   -   #2
    If u ask me the developers making Chrono Resurrection are talented but seem a little stupid u don't make a project like this and expect SquareEnix just to let it go! they had to expect it to catch up with them... What they should have done is keep there mouths shut made the game. once made build a lil hype by trailers and screen shot then leak/release it on the net because they definitly couldn't charge for it...

But I hope there still planning on finishing it then leaking it on to the net and if Square says something just act like it somehow was leaked and u had no idea...

3. Games   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    holy freaking flying pigs of doom.... these are amazing screenshots and look almost exactly like the old Chrono Trigger..... i dont get how some amateur game makers made it so well... the game looks completly the same as the old chrono trigger... wow what an ass for Square Enix to shut it down... it looked like it was going well too..

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    agreed - its shitty on enix's part but business makes the world go round sadly - hopefully it wont stop the creators - they find ways to be creative with there distribution (p2p ahem! anyone)
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

5. Games   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    yep, that was pretty bad ass. i really enjoyed ct. i played thru it 3 times and never got tired of it. never had time for cc though. anyway, this one would had been real nice. it'll release. square will buy it and then they'll release it. lol, it's not like it won't make any money...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Games   -   #6
    Debaser
    Read this a few places, it's conspiracy theory but who knows, wouldn't surprise me. Around the same time Square shut down Resurrection they were conducting a survey of Japanese gamers asking them if they would like to see a remake of CT on the Nintendo DS. Maybe that had something to do with it, no idea.

What I'm curious about is why are they wasting time and money on a remake for the Nintendo DS, I don't want a friggin remake of Chrono Trigger, I want them to get to work on Chrono Break dammit Or whatever they'll end up calling it.

7. Games   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i'd fucking love it if they went on to make millions under a new name.

stick it to tha man!

8. Games   -   #8
    Goes Rawr!
    Is there a place to dl this

THATS So damn sexy.. must have!!!
    Last edited by SaYiaN; 11-25-2004 at 05:10 AM.

9. Games   -   #9
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by SaYiaN
    Is there a place to dl this
    didn't you read anything? square enix shut it down... they didn't get to finish