Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So Which Ones You Guys Getting? Sony PSP or Nintendo DS?

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    there is. now sim city, command n conquer and any other RTS's and FPS's and even 3d platformers will be so much more tolerable

2. Games   -   #52
    Lick My Lovepump
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Yeah this one of the things i like about sony. They are one of the first to actually make systems more advanced . for example the first to use cd's instead of catridges on a console system
    Excuse me, but please stop spreading your lies. There were at least 10 (that I can name) CD consoles WELL before the Playstation.

3. Games   -   #53
    Lick My Lovepump
    Quote Originally Posted by freak
    No it's way past a prototype...The standard pack will retail at 19,800 yen ($185) and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter and a battery pack. The value pack, on the other hand, will retail for 5,000 yen more at 24,800 yen ($232), and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter, a battery pack, a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, a set of headphones with a remote control, and a soft case & hand strap. Battrey life is six hours depending on use and it releases Dec 12th in Japan
    6 hours depending on use? That means about an hour batter life if you're doing anything more than looking at a menu?

I support neither, since I will buy neither, but people blathering PR crap and their "oh so right" opinions.

4. Games   -   #54
    Lick My Lovepump
    EDIT: Really messed up with the triple post there, sorry, but its early morning.

Why the heck do people keep saying this? The DS is the same way
    DS is equal to N64
    PSP is equal to PS2
    So both have gameplay which we've played lots of times before
    I'm sorry, but no way is the PSP equal to PS2, otherwise the new PS2s would be the size of PSPs (if slightly bigger just for the discs, but the gist is there).

Anyway, read:

PSP: http://www.mypsp.co.uk/specs.htm
    PS2: http://www.ps2.geek.nz/site.dyn/Specs/

When they magically become the same thing, please let me know.
    Last edited by Mad Cat; 11-26-2004 at 08:54 AM.

5. Games   -   #55
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky
    http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/nintendogs.php

The above is an example of the possibilities with the touch screen.

Hopefully game developers will be ingenious enough to expand the concept even further.
    Yeah. I'd give the player weapons to use on those little dogs,
    Last edited by Withcheese; 11-26-2004 at 11:00 AM.

6. Games   -   #56
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Yeah. I'd give the player weapons to use on those litte dogs,

And can't you just wait for the inevitable "stroke a few girls"

I tell you, the DS will roxxor the PSP!!!!!!111111

(disclaimer: I may sound like a complete idiot in this post)
    Last edited by Barky; 11-26-2004 at 10:24 AM.

7. Games   -   #57
    Poster
    i like rpg a lot and the playstation family usually has more rpgs than any other console...so i think im getting a psp. besides, the gfx on the psp is sooo much sharper and cleaner than those on the ds, i also HATE Mario and WARIO. besides, i havent seen one game on the ds that i think the graphics looks nice...or at least, comparing to those of the psp.

8. Games   -   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat
    6 hours depending on use? That means about an hour batter life if you're doing anything more than looking at a menu?

I support neither, since I will buy neither, but people blathering PR crap and their "oh so right" opinions.
    No that doesn't mean an hr! I will be happy to break it down for u since u don't understand and probably have never owend a laptop... When doing things like looking at picture,listening to music or watching movies off the memory stick u will get 6hr's slightly more or less. playing games off the umd will be about 5hrs and watching movies off the UMD will be about 3 to 3 1/2hrs.

So why compare a laptop and a psp? Because there very much the same when it comes to power consumtion... Most laptops get about 6hr's but that can also very by use. looking at pictures u will get the full six hrs but something like watching a dvd which puts heavy strain on the cpu and the moving parts in the drive will drain the battrey faster thus giving u less battrey life!!!
    Last edited by freak; 11-27-2004 at 10:28 AM.

9. Games   -   #59
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i hate those handhelds but if anything i'd get the PSP.
    that nintendo DS looks shite....at least p2p plays real games lol.

10. Games   -   #60
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i'm sure real games didn't use analog sticks till the dualshock pads came out either

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast