Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ie6

Poster
    I have just upgraded to version 6 and now I can't start Internet Explorer at all.

I am using Win XP Pro. There are no other browsers on this PC so no conflict. All I get is a page not found message, something in red about dns. The only other program I have upgraded recently is WMP to version 9

Sorry about the scant details. However any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    hammermaff's Avatar Poster
    have you tried the microsoft site for an update patch........... Not sure if it'll help but it might be worth a try.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Try removing WMP 9 and see what happens. You can do this if you enabled system restore. You did enable system restore, didn't you?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    Nobody else with tips?
    He sounds desperate.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Thanks for that Bender. After all the help I have offered others (some positive feedback as well) I would have at least hoped for a few suggestions.

Where are the chaps when you need them. Perhaps I posted in the wrong place. Anyway I really am getting desperate now, somone must have some ideas. I have tried the suggestions abopve and everything I can think of. All to no avail.

Maybe someone will pop by later, I can only hope.

Where's Rocktron when you need him.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF@29 March 2003 - 22:25
    Thanks for that Bender. After all the help I have offered others (some positive feedback as well) I would have at least hoped for a few suggestions.

Where are the chaps when you need them. Perhaps I posted in the wrong place. Anyway I really am getting desperate now, somone must have some ideas. I have tried the suggestions abopve and everything I can think of. All to no avail.

Maybe someone will pop by later, I can only hope.

Where's Rocktron when you need him.
    JmiF, Have you tried d'loading the Scottish version of the internet??

It might work.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ex-member
    you monkey, mrcall...

@ JmiF: are you blocking IPs using the supertrick, and are you using the most updated version of Internet Explorer? There are a number of cumulative updates for IE6 to resolve bugs, security issues - go to Windows Update to see which ones you need.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    This is really getting desperate now. I haven't been able to browse the internet for hours.

I have tried all of the suggestions and thanks for that. However no luck so far. If anyone has any ideas I will try anything.

Thanks

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    are you on broadband with NTL or Telewest? I am having a few ideas because your problem sounds somewhat familiar. Give us a shout soon.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by ezyryder@30 March 2003 - 01:07
    are you on broadband with NTL or Telewest? I am having a few ideas because your problem sounds somewhat familiar. Give us a shout soon.
    I am with NTL - like I said any potential solutions are very much appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast