Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scariest Movie?

Whats the scariest movie you have seen. Mine is THE RING it was soooo sooo soo scary n i dont usually get scared of movies but this one was so scary i had my hand over my face like a little girl.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    I didn't find the movie scary sadly. I am not trying to build a macho image for myself, but frankly I found it entertaining but not scary. The first scene was the only scary bit I found with the suspence aspect where the tv went on and off etc. My scariest movie, well I'm not sure most of the scariest movies I would say are nothing to me now that I have aged. I suppose the style of movie that gets me most scared are those who use more psychalogical fear (not the blair witch) for example they take moments where you feel most vurnable, such as a tall ghostly figure standing over your bed at night. These things where your mind could play tricks on you in the real life I believe makes the best suspence, scariest movies.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    The Ring is scary, but not the most scariest i've ever seen.

I saw Friday the 13th part 1 and Nightmare on Elm Street part 1 when I was about 10 yrs old, they scared the shit out of me lol.

Old ones are the best.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    hahah yes, they were when younger and yes old ones are the best. Most old movies are.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    i havent seen either of those id like too but since i live in France the video store only has them in french

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Out of The Ordinary
    The Shinning is one of the scariest ;)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The scariest movie I can remember is Alien. Probably because right up til the end you never really see the monster so your imagination really gets to go nuts.
    The second scariest would have to be Yentl, cause Barbra Streisand is just out and out TERRIFYING!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    if when doesn't matter:
    When i was 10 i watched candyman, thats the only time i found a movie to be really scary. I didn't dare to look in a mirror for a month.
    I watched the ring last week and the ending is more scary than every other movie, i don't think there are many people who would not get scared in the bios seeing that part.
    i saw it on the PC so it wasn't that scary for me.
    REFERAL LINK REMOVED

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    yeah i saw it at the movies and the fucking loud sounds made me jump so many times by the end i was so jumpy the sound of an opening door scared the shit out of me

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I think that, when I watched it 20+ years ago, ALIEN was the scariest film I'd ever seen. It's the classic "Haunted House" plot transfered into the Future. The environment it was set in was a total contrast to the pretty, clean and safe(ish) worlds of Sci-Fi, up til that point in time anyway. Considering it came out only a couple of years after StarWars it was a massive departure from the norm, which can only be applauded.

Haven't seen The Ring yet, but have seen the Japanese original and thought that was very, very good. I just hope Hollywood has done it justice, although I doubt it!

Suspiria by Dario Argento is worth a look as well, quite gory and stylish.

I agree that old horror movies are the best, Pre-1984 Video Censorship Act. The old Video-Nasties!!!!
    Signature removed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast