Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Santa in the Shopping Centre's

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Mall Santa's are the abominations of capitalism. Having been checked out by time and motion studies, knee sitting was dispensed with as inefficient. One pays one's tenner and is whisked through at a rate of knots that would put a white knuckle ride to shame.
    Biggles, the Santas are for children. You can't expect them to show you the same interest as the wee ones and God knows you won't be allowed to sit on their laps.

Sorry for the rude wake up call, but you needed it. Your wife will probably send me a gift for this.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Biggles, the Santas are for children. You can't expect them to show you the same interest as the wee ones and God knows you won't be allowed to sit on their laps.

Sorry for the rude wake up call, but you needed it. Your wife will probably send me a gift for this.
    Aw crap! That has really burst my bubble.

Explains the altercation with security though.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes

This is how we should do it. Santa and kids talk by phone, separated by a barrier. Then SAnta could slide a gift through a slot.

actually, they can:

US
    UK
    Last edited by Mathea; 11-26-2004 at 05:55 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    under no circumstances was he to talk to strangers .
    Thats just it, to the majority of kids who come into the store where I work, I AM a stranger, out of curiosity if Nate came home and said he'd been to the shop but did'nt have enough money but there was a man who worked there paid the extra needed, how would you feel?

@Cheese.......I been in that situation, I got funny looks one day when I pulled a young lad out of the sea, he was in trouble, as I carried him up the beach a couple of people looked at me in disgust, I could'nt believe it, they obviously had'nt seen whats going on and the kid was screaming for his mum.
    I felt horrible

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 11-26-2004 at 05:55 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I would probably question it. You don't often find people who are that nice for no reason anymore.

Although you're not a stranger, he talks to you all the time. You're just strange.
    Last edited by NikkiD; 11-26-2004 at 06:06 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    But I am (nice for no reason, well strange too but you know )

I know it sounds corny but I'd do anything for anyone if I thought it would make them smile, I just remember what it was like to watch your mates eating sweets and you did'nt have any and 25p or whatever is nothing to me, it's a pack of cig papers ffs, better spent on a choc bar for a kid than something bad for everyones health.

It sucks

Jonno

Edit: Also I was weary of even starting this thread, it just seems something no one talks about, but please everyone seemed to have read what I meant and got my point
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 11-26-2004 at 06:10 PM. Reason: cos my reply looked stoopid after Nikki's edit doh

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    It is a sad reflection on society that we do think this way, however the fact that it is open for discussion is probably a good thing. Back in the day such things were kept hush hush.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    People are rarely nice for no reason. Thinking it is the right thing to do is not no reason it is just not an obviously material or selfish reason.

However, the storing riches in heaven approach to life is less common these days.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Ok Question.

Is what I do quite often wrong?

This means giving a kid 10p or 20p cos they short of money etc.

Or maybe a better question would be, would it be better not to do this?

Having said all this I sometimes do the same for adults

Jonno

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    I don't know, there is something about going without that makes one appreciate things.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast