Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Single Player : FPS

Poster
    soldier of fortune 1 and 2, medal of honour and hitman 2 used to work great on my old machine - and you could find them budget price or download them.

id avoid farcry, doom3 at all costs! but call of duty might be alright on meduim settings -i used to play that ok
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Games   -   #12
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    COD or farcry are my picks

3. Games   -   #13
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    fps and no Halo mention? shocking.

4. Games   -   #14
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    fps and no Halo mention? shocking.
    mhmmmm

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    probably cos the halo conversion for the pc was such a god awful mess of a game.the loading times and framerate were awful even on a high end machine - its a real shame as i quite liked the game (but generally think its a little overated and loses the plot a bit towards the end - becomes very 'same-y' and dull....)
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

6. Games   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    In that case... Doom (The Original)
    One of the most boring games ever, IMO.

edit: I was just looking at buying Far Cry on eBay and it seems there is two different types. A single dvd version, or a 2 disc cd version. What do you guys recommend? How does it come new?
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-20-2004 at 12:19 PM.

yo

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    i think you could get both versions retail (dvd and cd) - but the dvd was much more widespread of a release. id recomend this release

and also 2 cds seem a bit too low doesnt it? if the dvd is 4.4gig - how does it fit on 2 cds?

also you get a load of extra bits and bobs on the dvd release so id go with that

8. Games   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    thanks

yo

9. Games   -   #19
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Dry

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    One of the most boring games ever, IMO.

edit: I was just looking at buying Far Cry on eBay and it seems there is two different types. A single dvd version, or a 2 disc cd version. What do you guys recommend? How does it come new?
    i guess some ppl like you can't appreciate the classics, sure it's not great, but hey, it was fuckin crazy back in the day even though i was like 6 yrs old when i first played it. I'd go with CoD and CoD:UO and HL2. Farcry and Doom3 also if your comp can handle it, there's no point in playing a game unless you can appreciate it's beauty.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

10. Games   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I was like 15 when Doom came out, it was all the rage. Bought it, though it was the dumbest freakin game ever. I though the first person aspect of it was cool, but thats it. I thought the levels, gameplay, etc all sucked. I know I was/am part of the minority on that but, whatever.

I already have CoD and CoD:UO. Love them both.

Kinda hesitant about HL2 b/c again, I thought the first one sucked. Maybe I just like the most realistic games where I'm killin people and not aliens.

Far Cry I have heard compared to old school 007 Goldeneye. Sounds good to me
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-20-2004 at 03:17 PM.

yo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast