Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Comp To Burn At 52x

lol yes that would be nice

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Burning at the maximum speed of a burner is NOT recommended. The disks would most likely come out with coasters and you just waisted a disk. What I recommend is to burn at half the maximum speed. So if your burner's maximum burn speed is 52x, I would burn the disk at 26x. This has never caused any problems with my disks except one, but that only happened because my comp gave me a BSOD while burning.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    16x isnt bad.... slower reduces chances of errors

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    16x is "fast enough". I burn at 24x most of the time but if it's something important that I can't replace I will burn much slower. I must also point out that 52x is not nearly twice as fast as 24x.

In any case, how fast do you really need? To burn a CD in less than 5 minutes is fine with me. So 16x is fine.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Soul814@29 March 2003 - 22:10
    lol that would be fun to see
    not if you'r sitting right in front of your computer

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    heh.... i burn at 8x... since i have an 8x 4x 32x... 8x burns less then 5mins

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    My CD Writer can burn at a max of 12X. When I has 256MB RAM a full data disk used to take about 15 mins. I bought an extra 512MB the other day and now they burn in about 6/7 mins - a benefit I wasn't expecting.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    i also suggest that cutting the speed in half cuz of disk explosions and emergency ejections but it wouldnt hurt if u try maybe once a month in most cases.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    I have used a DELL Pentium 166mHz laptop (with Win98), and inserted a 24 speed burner into the CDROM bay. No problems at all in burning!

TIP: You will get better performance with more RAM, though.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    Sp far i burn all my cd at 52x i have a verbatim 52x24x52x and it works fine. I burned manu many cd and all have turned out fine at 52x so i say who cares whatever is fastest.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast