Thread: Heeeeeeeeeeeellllllllpppppp!

Somebody help me my computer keeps telling me that there is a resgistry error and that windows will fix it and then when i restart my computer the whole registry is f--ked up and i cant run any of my programs unless i re install them. Can someone tell me what is wrong and how i can fix this irritating problem. PLEASE HELP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    copy the exact message that you get about the registry to this message board.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    this is the message windows gives me
    "Windows has found an error in the registry. Windows will attemps to fix the error"
    it has an OK button at the bottom and when i press it my computer restarts and a blue screen is shown in the corner it says "backing up registry" then "registry has been backed up" and the reboot continues and then when i get to the enter password window everything is changes even my wallpaper and resolution as well as all my programs are F**ked

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I used to get that every so often with win98se for some reason, Maybe you/windows never shut down properly When you get it working again, Maybe by reinstalling software. Open regedit and make a backup of your registry yourself and burn it to cdrw. Make sure if you install new stuff back it up again. That way you can get it back to how it was before the cock up

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    yeah i do do that but its annoying having to open the file all the time, there must be a way to fix it permanently.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I'm not sure if this will help, but you could try it. Click on Start, then select Run. Type 'msconfig' and hit enter. Click on the Startup tab, and uncheck the box that says 'ScanRegistry'. That should prevent Windows from trying to fix the problem every time you restart, but if there really is a problem with your registry you should try to find a way to fix it. Maybe Norton Utilities could help.