Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fx5700 @ 49.99

Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    something ive been wondering about. how do games use a 64-bit chip? do they just use half or emulate a faster 32 bit or what?
    Currently no games re built in 64bit. However its the next big thing coming. Most software programs are designed in Win32, however this will soon be Win64. MS are workin on Longhorn 64bit so when thats out companies will strt making osftware and games in 64bit. Its the next step up nd in 2-4years 32bit will be history.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i know no games yet have been made for 64-bit. thats why i was wondering if the actual processor adapted to get a performance boost. but i aint to good with hardware so thinking about it i cant work out if it's even feasible

getting one of these for the case, i dont know why i like it. it just manages to look sexay and ugly as feck at the same time + its silent
    Last edited by TheDave; 11-28-2004 at 02:00 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i know no games yet have been made for 64-bit. thats why i was wondering if the actual processor adapted to get a performance boost. but i aint to good with hardware so thinking about it i cant work out if it's even feasible

getting one of these for the case, i dont know why i like it. it just manages to look sexay and ugly as feck at the same time + its silent
    it just runs it in 32bits instead of 64.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2

That link would work better like this: http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/comp...quicklinx=3FCD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12