Thread: Diana in New Tape Says She Suspects Lover Was 'Bumped Off'

ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    NEW YORK (Reuters) - NBC television network will broadcast a never-before-seen video tape of Diana, Princess of Wales, next week in which she says she suspects a member of her staff with whom she fell in love was "bumped off."

NBC said on Friday the two-part program starting next Monday includes excerpts of interviews Diana recorded with communications consultant Peter Settelen in her living room, discussing her childhood, marriage and struggle with bulimia.

Earlier this year NBC aired audio tapes Diana secretly recorded for a 1992 book that exposed the turmoil of her marriage to Prince Charles, whom she divorced in 1996. The princess was killed in a car crash in Paris in 1997.

NBC said Diana met Settelen in September 1992, in the aftermath of the book by Andrew Morton, and had engaged him to train her in public speaking, a process that involved an on-camera interview to inspire confidence.

Excerpts of the program released in advance include comments by Diana on the lack of sympathy from her mother-in-law Queen Elizabeth when Diana went to her having discovered that Prince Charles was having an affair.

NBC said one section of the interview was "on falling in love with a member of her palace staff, presumed to be Royal Policeman Barry Mannakee, who was killed in a motorcycle accident in 1987."

"It was all found out and he was chucked out," Diana is quoted as saying. "And then he was killed. And that was the biggest blow of my life, I must say. And I think he was bumped off. But, um, there we are. I don't ... we'll never know, he was the greatest fellow I've ever had."

The two-hour special, which also features an interview with Settelen, is to be broadcast in two parts, on Nov. 29 and Dec. 6.

"This unusual tape, recorded in Diana's living room, hidden for years after her death, and fought over for months in the British courts, offers a view of the princess quite different from the formal public face she usually put forth," NBC
    said.

Source

How credible is this? If someone 'bumped off' her lover who would do it? Or have it done...Charles? The Gov? The Palace?

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    The same people that bumped her and Dodi Fayed off

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Motor accidents seems to be the way that the British Security 'get rid' of 'nuisances'. It would be interesting to compile a list of all the 'nuisances' who have been killed off in the last 70 years. Starting with T E Lawrence who 'happened' to be killed on a lonely road on his motorcycle. Just weeks before he was going to blow the 'Gaff' on the Middle East situation. I wonder if it was the same person 'that was not' involved in his accident that ransacked his cottage?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    This is the third reply and still no accusations that this is Bush's fault or that being an American means you are a killer. Jeez, what's wrong with you guys?
    Last edited by Comic_Peddler; 11-28-2004 at 11:52 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Peddler
    This is the third reply and still no accusations that this is Bush's fault or that being an American means you are a killer. Jeez, what's wrong with you guys?

If this is foul play it is most certainly an in-house job. Unless GW was taking contracts?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I love conspiracy theories...

BTW: It was Bushes fault... give us time, we'll find a link

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I love conspiracy theories...

BTW: It was Bushes fault... give us time, we'll find a link
    Well, there was a woman known as "Diana" who worked for him when he was the owner of the Texas Rangers........hmm, could it be?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Peddler
    Well, there was a woman known as "Diana" who worked for him when he was the owner of the Texas Rangers........hmm, could it be?
    oohhh i'll never tell

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.