Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: PS2 games on PC

  1. #1
    If I inserted lets say GTA:SA (PS2) for example into my dvd drive is there any way I can play it it(on PC)

    are there any emulators or is such a thing not possible

  2. Games   -   #2
    ...
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ...
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,291
    nope

    ,
    ps2 emus are in the making though.

    and you would need a top of the line computer to even play games like gta sa...


    or any other ps2 game.

  3. Games   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,532
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45joe
    nope

    ,
    ps2 emus are in the making though.

    and you would need a top of the line computer to even play games like gta sa...


    or any other ps2 game.
    Well, Bleem was able to play PS1 games on PC, so it may in fact be possible.

    Also why would you need a top of the range PC? The specs on a PS2 are nothing special. It contains something like a 600MHz processor and any mid-range graphics card would suffice. I mean, it works on TV's for crying out loud.

  4. Games   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Well, Bleem was able to play PS1 games on PC, so it may in fact be possible.

    Also why would you need a top of the range PC? The specs on a PS2 are nothing special. It contains something like a 600MHz processor and any mid-range graphics card would suffice. I mean, it works on TV's for crying out loud.
    There is no way you will find an emulator that can play GTA: SA. PS games are easy to play with most machines. Even xboxs can play them. But you would need a very good pc just to get a game or 2 to actually load, let alone play it.
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 11-28-2004 at 12:28 PM.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.


  5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Well, Bleem was able to play PS1 games on PC, so it may in fact be possible.

    Also why would you need a top of the range PC? The specs on a PS2 are nothing special. It contains something like a 600MHz processor and any mid-range graphics card would suffice. I mean, it works on TV's for crying out loud.
    Becuase the PC has to pretend to everything the PS2 does. And still being a PC at he same time.


  6. Games   -   #6
    nope, it's impossible to play PS2 games on pc at the moment
    even emulators are still in its infancy

    PS2 may have slower processors and stuff, but the way it uses the resources is so different from a pc, even a the current top-end pc can't render the graphics properly.


    gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

  7. Games   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by gildan2020
    nope, it's impossible to play PS2 games on pc at the moment
    even emulators are still in its infancy

    PS2 may have slower processors and stuff, but the way it uses the resources is so different from a pc, even a the current top-end pc can't render the graphics properly.


    gildan2020
    what he said...

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  8. Games   -   #8
    u have a better way to explain it?


    gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

  9. Games   -   #9
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    States
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by gildan2020
    u have a better way to explain it?


    gildan2020
    He wasn't insulting you. He was agreeing with you, you should be thanking him, you ungrateful heathen.

  10. Games   -   #10
    alright i apologise then...but i did thought he was insulting me
    no hard feelings eh


    gildan2020
    Last edited by gildan2020; 12-01-2004 at 02:05 AM.
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •