Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Manufacturers

Poster
    I agree for the most part, but I don't think lite-on cd/dvd rom drives are that great. Consumer reports on them aren't very good either. For good quality at a great price I go with LG every time.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    DVD Burner

Sony (the DRU-510A or DRX-510UL)

Their latest burns DVD±RWs at 4x. You shoud be safe no matter what happens. I just they were smart enough to put their DVD burner in their VAIOs. Mine came with Pioneer that only does DVD-RWs. If it did + too it would be just as good though.

Aslo, I think that some other compinies came out with DVD± burners recently. I can't remember who they are but I would go with Sony because these drives have already proven themselves and the look the best.

If you don't have that much money try the 2x DVD±RW drives that sony makes. Hope this helps

edit:made DVD Burner underlined and add this line in

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    For cooling:

Case fans (and anywhere else u want to use 60, 80, 92, 120 mm fans eg cooling cpu):
    Papst the best for quiet and good cooling
    Ys-tech cheap but good and quiet
    Delta ultimate power, but serious noise

Processor cooling
    Thermalright currently selling the very highly rated SLK800 & SLK900 heatsinks
    Coolermaster innovative designs of heatsinks and fans
    Thermaltake high performance coolers.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    cooling

Liquid Nitrogen

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    I perfer to have everything on my computer from HP. Like the printer and stuff. HP is such a good company. I think they make the best computers and stuff for a good price. Just make sure you have lots of RAM and GB on your comp and make sure its fast enough. About 2 GHz is ok. 2.5 or 3 GHz is real good. But my computer is only like 1.6 GHz, i have 56 GB, and 650 ram.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@15 July 2003 - 05:56
    HP is such a good company. I think they make the best computers and stuff for a good price.
    My first instinct was to laugh at this statement, but now I think it just makes me wanna cry

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    this thread could use some more opinions on video card companies. ATI still manufactures a lot of their own cards, but some of it is done by other companies now. Nvidia makes virtually none of their own cards... they make the video chips and sell them (along with a suggested "reference" design) to card manufacturers like PNY, Gainward, etc and the quality can vary wildly between those companies.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    now what's a good company for tv cards?...

umm i was planning to get one that allows me to hook up gaming consoles n the tv onto it...

ati all in wonders do the trick but they are quite expensive~

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    an all-in-wonder is just a vga card with a TV Wonder card grafted onto it. essentially it just kills two birds with one stone-- it's a display card and a capture card at the same time. you can continue using your current video card, and just buy a TV Wonder, which is significantly cheaper than an all-in-wonder.

i think TV Wonder and hauppage's WinTV are the two most popular tv tuner/capture cards. i've had good experiences with TV Wonder, but people seem to also have good opinions about WinTV.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Originally posted by Soul814@16 July 2003 - 02:49
    to hook up ... the tv onto it...
    r u wanting tv out as well as tv in? ie watch your divx videos on the telly as well as playing consoles on your monitor?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast