Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guinea pig kids

Poster
    This story has me really sick and concerned. I have searched to find more information and the only thing I could come up with is what I found on this link Guinea Pig Kids

Ilw do you have another link or anywhere I can find out more about this testing? The nearest I can tell is this is a multi part program with it originally exposing Guinea Pig Kids in Convents, orphanages, foster programs in Britain, Ireland and America? Is the part about New York children to be released tonight yet on this website?

All help in learning more about this would be appreciated.

Thanks/'Rose
    Last edited by Everose; 12-01-2004 at 01:34 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    More Info

I finally found this information. I will be doing a lot of digging further into this. The information I could find all came from a website which deals exclusively with naturopathic health.

Although the drugs were administered through hospital programs, overseen by Dr's., etc. it smacks of pressure and funding of the large drug companies and the more I look into this the more upset I am.

I realize that these same medicines were used to treat HIV positive children in private homes and also adults. What upsets me is how thoroughly and how often these children were tested for the virus before given the medication?

I have read of cases where a child has a fatal illness, the parents refused treatment that could possibly save the child, often citing religious beliefs, and the state steps in, removes the child from the home and treats them.

Is this different? It seems to me it is. I don't know. I feel sick. I need more information here, and if anyone can find more, and especially more recent information on this please let me know.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I have read of cases where a child has a fatal illness, the parents refused treatment that could possibly save the child, often citing religious beliefs, and the state steps in, removes the child from the home and treats them.

Is this different? It seems to me it is. I don't know. I feel sick. I need more information here, and if anyone can find more, and especially more recent information on this please let me know.
    I think the major difference to me would be the experimental nature of the drugs especially given their apparently severe side effects.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Strangelove's Avatar I Need Sex
    Britain, to its shame, did a lot of this in the 1950s and 60s.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangelove
    Britain, to its shame, did a lot of this in the 1950s and 60s.
    Oh Strangelove, you need learn how to stop worrying and love the drug.

Last edited by Arm; 12-03-2004 at 02:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12