Thread: After fresh Win XP Install

Poster
    I've just reinstalled a fresh win xp but for some reason it can't find my second hard drive is there anyway to enable it without reformating as it has everything i need on there?
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    did u accidently format it?
    it's not showing in my computer?
    is it in device manager or the disk management? (you can get to both by right clicking my comp>manage)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Hi.
    I didn't format it but something weird has gone on as i have to windows xp's installed now both on the same disk but both dont recognise the 2nd drive, when i go comp-manage i get disk unreadable and asks me to convert the disk
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Start over again , and delete both partions ! Been there done that, got the tee shirt!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Lol thats second nature for me to do thigns like that anyway. Once XP is reinstalled and SP1 reapplyed is there a chance I could access the second HD without a reformat?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    If you format the C: partition then you'll lose data from there. Any other partitons should be ok.

Do you have a spare HDD? You could unplug your current drive and plug in the spare drive and format and install the OS. After that you could plug in the original drive as a slave to retrieve data from there.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    You could dl knoppix or something, burn it and then boot from the knoppix-cd, if the files aren't entirely corrupted you might be able to access them that way. And thus you could move them to another partition before formatting.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    What is the size of the unreadable partition

if it is over 137Gb try installing SP 1 or 2 and see if that fixes it
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont