Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: prob on my mom's comp

Poster
    hi, once again my mom comp is having issues. I tried to pluged a 9600 into here comp and it would not boot up anymore. I have disable the pci card (not uninstall, just disable) and nothing shows up on the monitor when i plugged in the 9600. then it hit me that i might have to change the video option in the bios to agp...so i pluged my pci back in and went into the bios and change the setting to agp. rebooted, took out pci card, plug in agp card....nothing happens. comp power up, nothing on the screen. after 15min of not working...i tried plugging the pci back in....still nothing on the screen. i've tried reseting the cmos bat in hope of something would help...nothing.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Reformat, my friend had the exact same problem with the exact same video card..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    cant exactly reformat if it dont boot up. basically, i press power button...comp turns on...screen is black. im pretty sure the comp isnt "on" because its hooked up on a network and when i try to connect to my mom's comp using mine, it says the network place is not accesible.

so basically, it power on, but its not technically working. Im guessing it might be some ram issues as this has happen b4, and i switch the rams to different slot and it magically worked again (after 4 fucking days dealing with it) but this time, i've tried switching the rams, using my ram and it still wouldnt work.

you think that a fucking video card setting in the bios wouldnt cause this much problem.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    have you tried putting in your old graphics card, if you have one?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    yea...i was using a mx440 b4 i tried putting in a 9600. that didnt work so i put the mx440 back in...but that didnt work so i thought the mx440 might have gotten faulty (somehow) so i put in another pci card...mx4000. neither have worked. but if its the graphic card issue, the comp would still be on and i would be able to access the drive on "my network place", i just wouldnt be able to see anything on the monitor...which is not the case, i cant see anything, cant access anything through the network

maybe its time for a new mobo...just dont get how chaning one vid card setting could fuck it up so bad. might bring it to school tomorrow to have my teacher have a look at it....he teaches A++ course after all. but hoping you guys can solve my problem so i dont have to drag my tower to school
    Last edited by Mr. Elmo; 12-02-2004 at 05:14 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    By rights u should see the bios and that shit at start up and boot off the xp disk and reformat

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    lol........if i can see the bios...i wouldnt be posting on here

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    can anyone give me a confirmation on whether or not if i'm right about the mobo being faulty? I know the cpu works as eveyrthing gets power , i know the ram works as it work in my comp, i know the vid card work because it work in my comp, that leaves Hdd and mobo.

im pretty sure it isnt the hdd as i hear/feel the hdd power up. even if hdd was faulty, i would be able to get to the bios. that leaves me with the mobo. is it possible that the mobo ram slot isnt functioning properly?

I dont want to order a motherboard on newegg if it isnt going to help...come on you expert, where are you at clocker, bigdaw, rossco, virtual.....WAKE UP AND HELP ME

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    do you hear any beeps?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    see this

ht*p://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155340

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast