Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what is the crasiest thing you've done to win back the woman you loved?

Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I asked her to marry me !
    and i said yes

2. Lounge   -   #12
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Leonidas,

Maybe the situation leads you to believe you can, but I honestly don't believe it's possible. Life is not like the movies. If you love her then you want her to love you. That is something you have no control over. You may be able to convince her to go out with you again, but be prepared to get hurt. If you honestly think that she would be happy if she gave you a chance, then give it time. By time I don't mean a week, or a month, I mean at least a year, probably more. This gives her time to forget about whatever broke you two up in the first place and remember everything she liked in the relationship. Try to stay friends. If you love her, than that should be better than nothing. It will be hard. In the mean time, move on. Believe me, I had my heart broke under the worst of circumstances and things aren't going as well as I would like, but I know that If I had fought as hard as I wanted too it would have only made things worse.

When you start winning back a loved one it can turn into an 'on again'/'off again' relationship. They are deadly. I've never been in one, but I've seen them many times. I honestly can't say that I've seen them ending in failure, but they are still young. They may last for a long time, but never seem to go anywhere either.

In my case, If we do end up together again someday, I want it to last. I don't want us working through our old relationship immediatly into our new relationship. My situation is this, we started dating senior year, we were engaged, we moved in together. Things were never 'bad' in our relationship. We didn't fight all the time. The idea of breaking up scared us both. In fact, her mom said after we had been engaged for about 6 months, "It's not like you are really going to end up together." OUCH! I can't say our entire breakup was because of that, but It certainly didn't help....anyhoo....In the end, she wanted to experience more before she ever considered settling down and that was that. Whatever her reasons are for breaking up with you, you must accept them. If it involves you changing and you know it will make you a better person, then go for it. Just don't try to convince her of it. It's easy to change for a short period of time, it's much harder to keep those changes. If the change is really enough to get her back, she'll notice and she should realize the change wasn't to impress her, it was to improve yourself.

Well, It's hard giving advice without the whole (or any) of the sitution. I'm just basing this on what I'm going through, and I am curious of what you think or if it relates. (This goes for anyone really...do you think I have the right frame of though here? I guess I'm giving advice to get advice... )

EDIT:
    Love is based on how you feel when you are together, not on one grand memory. That memory fades and how she felt while it happened fades with it. (that's IF she responds positively) Reality will come back into focus. It's the reality of the situation you look to change.
    Last edited by dwightfry; 12-02-2004 at 05:10 PM.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

3. Lounge   -   #13
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidas
    what is the crasiest, best thing you've done to win back the woman you loved?

I need some ideas
    May I ask out you lost her? That may allow you to work out how to get her back?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I wish I had something good, but I tend to step aside when they drop me.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-18-2005 at 04:49 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightfry
    Leonidas,

Maybe the situation leads you to believe you can, but I honestly don't believe it's possible. Life is not like the movies. If you love her then you want her to love you. That is something you have no control over. You may be able to convince her to go out with you again, but be prepared to get hurt. If you honestly think that she would be happy if she gave you a chance, then give it time. By time I don't mean a week, or a month, I mean at least a year, probably more. This gives her time to forget about whatever broke you two up in the first place and remember everything she liked in the relationship. Try to stay friends. If you love her, than that should be better than nothing. It will be hard. In the mean time, move on. Believe me, I had my heart broke under the worst of circumstances and things aren't going as well as I would like, but I know that If I had fought as hard as I wanted too it would have only made things worse.

When you start winning back a loved one it can turn into an 'on again'/'off again' relationship. They are deadly. I've never been in one, but I've seen them many times. I honestly can't say that I've seen them ending in failure, but they are still young. They may last for a long time, but never seem to go anywhere either.

In my case, If we do end up together again someday, I want it to last. I don't want us working through our old relationship immediatly into our new relationship. My situation is this, we started dating senior year, we were engaged, we moved in together. Things were never 'bad' in our relationship. We didn't fight all the time. The idea of breaking up scared us both. In fact, her mom said after we had been engaged for about 6 months, "It's not like you are really going to end up together." OUCH! I can't say our entire breakup was because of that, but It certainly didn't help....anyhoo....In the end, she wanted to experience more before she ever considered settling down and that was that. Whatever her reasons are for breaking up with you, you must accept them. If it involves you changing and you know it will make you a better person, then go for it. Just don't try to convince her of it. It's easy to change for a short period of time, it's much harder to keep those changes. If the change is really enough to get her back, she'll notice and she should realize the change wasn't to impress her, it was to improve yourself.

Well, It's hard giving advice without the whole (or any) of the sitution. I'm just basing this on what I'm going through, and I am curious of what you think or if it relates. (This goes for anyone really...do you think I have the right frame of though here? I guess I'm giving advice to get advice... )

EDIT:
    Love is based on how you feel when you are together, not on one grand memory. That memory fades and how she felt while it happened fades with it. (that's IF she responds positively) Reality will come back into focus. It's the reality of the situation you look to change.
    Nicely put, Renfield.

I'd think that if you loved a woman you'd avoid losing her; if she's determined to lose you, that's an entirely different kettle of fish.

If that were the situation, I'd be inclined to say "ta-ta, best of luck", and hope she rued the day.

But then, I'm extraordinarily lazy about such things.

I've never actually put my theory to the test, but then, I haven't had to.

I assume it's due to my overwhelming charm, good looks, and intrinsic value as a mate.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I assume it's due to my overwhelming charm, good looks, and intrinsic value as a mate. [/QUOTE]

You mean you cook, do laundry, AND take out the trash????!!!!!

7. Lounge   -   #17
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    jus unzip the pants

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I knew when she was gettting off work, so I got dressed up, cooked an awsome italian dinner, rearranged the furniture in the house and put the table in the middle of the room. Put candles all over the place (but didn't over-do-it). One of our favorite musicians is David Gray so I put that on in the background and had the wine and everything ready when she walked in.

or

Sneak out of bed in the morning and cook a full breakfast and serve it to her in bed with flowers.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-03-2004 at 05:23 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I assume it's due to my overwhelming charm, good looks, and intrinsic value as a mate.

You mean you cook, do laundry, AND take out the trash????!!!!! [/QUOTE]

I do all the cooking, all the dishes, probably a third of the laundry, and two thirds of the trash.

Gotta hold up my end, y'know?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #20
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    the craziest thing someone can do it iz commit suicide

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast