Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Chav"

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Picture this a young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high baseball cap at ninety degrees in a imitation addidas tracksuit, with trouser legs tucked into his socks (of course, is definitely the height of fashion). This lad is strutting around, fag in one hand jewellery al over the over, outside McDonalds acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player, when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to mcdonalds for his dinner glances at the young lad, the young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says “Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling” when the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend or his brother in the army crying his eyes out.

My mate has become a chav what can i do? answer is shoot him before it is too late
    Source: topics, May 10, 2003

So what, a chav is a little wanksta kid who acts all tuff but runs like a pussy when confronted?

i know a few of them.... all of which i want to beat the fuck outta.
    Last edited by Smith; 12-02-2004 at 09:39 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    So, welcome to the board....

I think thats an overwhelming opinion here..

However, please stop picking on one section of the community (even if that sounds like an oxymoron if talking about chavs )....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    So, welcome to the board....

I think thats an overwhelming opinion here..

However, please stop picking on one section of the community (even if that sounds like an oxymoron if talking about chavs )....

first off ive been here for a while( or where u being sarcastic?)

second i keep hearing this word chav, and i never knew what it was.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    first off ive been here for a while( or where u being sarcastic?)

second i keep hearing this word chav, and i never knew what it was.
    Sorry, i cant find the [sarcasm] tags

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    please stop picking on one section of the community

/wet herself.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    So what, a chav is a little wanksta kid who acts all tuff but runs like a pussy when confronted?

i know a few of them.... all of which i want to beat the fuck outta.
    I do believe that if you had ever met a real chav he would have kicked your face in, they do have there benifits.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by callum
    I do believe that if you had ever met a real chav he would have kicked your face in, they do have there benifits.
    and old ladies'

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss

/wet herself.
    Where's manky when you need him, inueduos alert!!!

Jonno

9. Lounge   -   #9
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

All are known fundamentally for being loudly lower-class. The wearing of new, name brand athletic clothing and shoes (frequently white trainers), tacky gold jewellery (particularly hoop ear rings, large pendant necklaces, and gaudy rings) are quite important. The Burberry clothing brand in particular has chav connotations (an unofficial collective noun for chavs is a Burberry). Associated with low level criminal activities and other crass/drunken misbehaviour, they are most often found in housing estates and other low-income neighborhoods. Regardless of location (movie theater, restaurant, etc..) their frequent use of mobile phones is a common complaint against them.

Musically, an average chavster might enjoy Rap, His girlfriend R&B, with pop and dance music a commonality between them. The rap group Goldie Lookin' Chain have satirised the chav aesthetic in a way comparable to The Darkness spoof of stadium rock.

The ownership of large, dangerous attack dogs and a lower-end automobile which he has "souped-up" or "tricked out" with an impressive paint job, tail fin and/or flashy rims (as similar as possible to those found in the film The Fast and the Furious, as well as its sequel) can also be seen as key. If, for some reason, a chav might find himself without a dog or vehicle of this sort, the acquiring of such will likely be a major focus for him.

This stereotyped subculture is in reality defined by outsiders and their classism. Essentially no one self-identifies with these labels and groupings, but rather they are used by those on the outside to ridicule and categorize those labeled in this way. Having said that, the group does tend to identify with each other; the similarity of trends in clothing and behaviour enable the group to be so clearly classified in this way
    Is this it?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    http://www.chavscum.co.uk/ been posted b4 but all the relevant information on the species can be found here.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast