Thread: Audio - No Video - Please Help!

please help - i've downloaded independence day, last of the mohicans, and american history x all from verifieds. g spot says all codecs installed - but i get audio - no video - any suggestions???? thanks!!
    if u suggest that i get new codec packs - please explain what i have to delete first - i'm really new at this!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ok - something is definately wrong - just got 13th warrior finished and it's the same as the above 3 - that's the fourth download in a row!! pleaseeeeeee help!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    ok uninstall ANY codec packs then install the klite codecpack

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    at the risk of sounding really stupid - do u mean all codecs on my computer - including the ones that came with windows media player 8 - because the only other one i've installed is the xvid alone - appreciate your answer!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    BANNED
    ok uninstall ANY codec packs then install the klite codecpack
    master yoda ,why does he need to install another codec pack ,if he says he already has the codecs needed,should'nt the problem ly elsewhere

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    we had upgraded to windows media player 9 and then installed the klite pack and it screwed up the player - it would play one file and then not open any others - had to reboot to get it to play one more and then reboot again - everytime we rebooted we got a media event sink window that would try to close and then say not responding. so in the end we had to reinstall windows because media player 9 can't be uninstalled. so i'm scared to try that again!! that's why my stupid question about what exactly i need to uninstall before i can install the klite pack. i don't know if the reason for the failure was because i didn't uninstall any codecs before we installed the pack or not.
    thank u for your suggestion - if u would consider this post and give your opinion i would be grateful.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    If the only codec you've installed since reinstalling Windows is XviD, then you need DivX. The pro version is included in the k-lite codec pack or you could get the normal version from http://www.divx.com/divx/index.php.

Methinks that's all you need to watch those movies.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Yes, I agree.

I am totally computer illiterate. There are several files I have which require DIVX codecs and I can only play them on the Divx 2.0 player.

Download the player and the codecs.

You have some great movies to view and I wish you the best.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    thanks for all the input - i downloaded divx and xvid - but still no video. when i tried klite codec pack my files that were playing fine before played really jerky. i'm about ready to just write those movies off as a lost cause!! lol most of the ones i have got play fine.