Thread: TV Tuner Help

My new pc has a tv tuner and i looked in aida32 and it says its a PHILLIPS SAA7134. However i hve no idea how to set it up, and i cannot find any documents on it. Looking at the card (PCI) it has a small plug to plug in the hingy that works with the wireless remote a few other plugy's that i dont know wha they are and a S-VIDEO (i think thats what its called) jack.

Pc came with AVerMdia TV app hat opens when i push power on he conrol but all i get is staic.

Is there a guide or something i need for this to work?

Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Do you have an antenna or cable hooked up?
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 12-05-2004 at 05:15 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Do you have an antenna or cable hooked up?
    Right now i have the S-VIDEO lead from the pc going into a little adaptor ha makes it into scart. And then plugged into my TV. My Tv has an arial and the standard 1,2,3,4,5 free channels.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    use dscaler, you dont even need drivers. it's pretty unstable though, ive got it installed twice because it cant switch from composite to antenna on my card.

give it a half our test changing channels and stuff to check what makes it crash then you can avoid that while you record tv (the timeshift feature doesn't actually work but you can use it to record programs like you used to back in the day before Sky+

http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I couldnt get anything on that either.... very unstable yeah bu i still just got a black screen.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    you make sure you got stuff wired up? check stickers on the actual card for model and bios.

oh yeah make sure you got the composite and aerial the right way round. i was trying for hours with a blank screen because my aerial was in composite

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    you make sure you got stuff wired up? check stickers on the actual card for model and bios.

oh yeah make sure you got the composite and aerial the right way round. i was trying for hours with a blank screen because my aerial was in composite
    Hmmmmmmmmm well im trying to plug my arial into my card b ut he fucking wire isnt long enough