Thread: firefox config help please

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I have started to use firefox but have a couple of problems i can't figure out.

1. some frames pages that have swf file not embedded in a html frame the swf doesn't play in the frame, it will play in a new window or using a "pop up" swf player.

anyone know how to set it to operate as IE would and play the swf directly in the frame ?

2. using this forum i get the message i need to change my config settings if i wish to use the "paste" option.

Anyone know how to do that ?

i have done a search of the Mozilla help section but not found my solutions...may just be having a bad day

thanks in advance for any help

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    1.some pages \ or the guy that made the page wants it to pop up - in tabbrowser extensions or preferences extension you can get "the pop up" to open in a tab

2.im constantly pressing Ctrl V to paste (the paste option is not available in "advanced reply)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    paste works for me just fine.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    paste works for me just fine.
    Yes me too , Im lost for words. Did you try tools, options ?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    1.some pages \ or the guy that made the page wants it to pop up - in tabbrowser extensions or preferences extension you can get "the pop up" to open in a tab

2.im constantly pressing Ctrl V to paste (the paste option is not available in "advanced reply)
    the ctrl+V tip works..thanks

as to question 1 the page wasn't set to use a pop up...works fine in IE however i don't want to use that browser anymore...

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It will probably be that you need to install an extension or two to get full functionality out of it, vid.

There are hundreds on that page and I can't remember the correct ones off the top of my head, if it's not answered tomorrow I'll have a look at what I've got installed and let you know
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Looking throught the page now....found a paste quote extention..have to test it..nothing for swf yet.... thanks manker

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    the ctrl+V tip works..thanks

as to question 1 the page wasn't set to use a pop up...works fine in IE however i don't want to use that browser anymore...
    Try Netscape 7.2, like FireFox its Mozilla based
    but already has all the 'extensions' included..
    Last edited by ZaZu; 12-06-2004 at 07:15 AM.

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaZu
    i actually use that as well and have the same problem. .... If it wasn't for all the security risks IE would be so much easier

but it is just asthetics, firefox is fine apart from this little irritation
    Last edited by vidcc; 12-06-2004 at 04:59 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaZu

Wow 7.2 ? I liked Netscape , but kept getting errors I couldn 't figure out. So switched to Firefox .