Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Another litany of wise verbiage...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    So then, according to vidcc, with only the slightest extrapolation:

If I blindly agree with Bush's policies 100%, he is worthy of my vote, and I am worthy of vid's scorn.

If my level of agreement is any less than the required 100% figure, I must either cast my precious vote for John Kerry, or, finding that abhorrent, not vote at all?

Vid, however, may pronounce John Kerry at best a marginal candidate, but vote for him anyway, for no compelling reason other than a hatred of Bush.

I am well aware of the phenomenon of lib-logic, vid, but that you are tone-deaf to the utter foolishness you propose is symptomatic and regrettful in the extreme.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Is it just me or have we drifted a tad from the benefits (or otherwise) of maintaining a large deficit for a protracted period?

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    What do you mean, "Yet, do you still support..."?

When did I say I supported the Bush administration's dealings with drug companies?

Is it your contention that, if I support Bush, I support the policy?

Or that if I didn't support the policy, my support should have logically defaulted to Kerry, as vid also seems to think?

While I'm on the subject of "thinking", do either of the two of you ever engage in that particular activity?

You both need to start looking before you make such absurd leaps.
    Oh do get me wrong.

First off it's not an absurd leap when one is not critical of the President's policies they don't like but only praise the policies that they do.

He's the most ass backwards U.S. President I have seen or heard of so a Bush supporter such as yourself does paint a picture of support

While I'm on the subject of "thinking", does the President engage in that particular activity?

What does that say of you who supports him? Where do you stand on the issues or will you, like many other conservatives on this board, play mum while making unrelated quips? Sometimes....there comes a time....of step up or shut-up

I recall a thread "The Accomplishments Of Bush" which was very unbiased.

Conservatives steered clear of it like a car wreck.
    Had there been a liberal or independent President in office and a similar thread made, liberal minded folk would had the thread to three pages in 10 minutes.
    I could give a shit about some egocentric crap mindset of making a thread that goes x number of pages.
    I purposely wanted smart-ass remarks like "He managed to get U.S. soldiers killed" gone from the thread to pave the way for some real accomplishments.

I heard frogs burping

Crickets chirping

Tumbleweed blowing in a wild western town.

I smell bullshit.
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-17-2004 at 04:23 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    So then, according to vidcc, with only the slightest extrapolation:

If I blindly agree with Bush's policies 100%, he is worthy of my vote, and I am worthy of vid's scorn.
    where did i scorn you?...i simpley asked why vote for someone if you disagree with them...is asking questions scorning?..... For my own set of issues, healthcare is high up on my list of priorities... so for you there must be other more important things if you can let this one slip. I wonder what they are, especailly as it is an issue that should be very close to your heart.

If my level of agreement is any less than the required 100% figure, I must either cast my precious vote for John Kerry, or, finding that abhorrent, not vote at all?
    No, i just gave other options after you wrongly accused me of saying you have to default to kerry

Vid, however, may pronounce John Kerry at best a marginal candidate, but vote for him anyway, for no compelling reason other than a hatred of Bush.

He was BETTER than Bush on EVERY issue that is important to me.... unlike some i don't vote far unacceptable candidates because i don't like the other...the manifesto has to be there. You seem very keen on accusing me of things yet you seem also very at home suggesting anyone that voted Kerry did so purely because it was an "anyone but Bush" vote.... Is it so inconcievable that those 49%...nearly half of America actually thought Kerry did have a better manifesto?

I am well aware of the phenomenon of lib-logic, vid, but that you are tone-deaf to the utter foolishness you propose is symptomatic and regrettful in the extreme.

No you have decided what i propose, and then made the (yawn) "lib-logic" comment....

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678