Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: What's The Meaning Of Life

Originally posted by Skweeky@30 March 2003 - 20:35
    thank you j2k4

As for my view on this:

I don't know what the meaning of life is, I don't know if I want to know. I try to live my life to the fullest, make the best of it. I try not to do things that make me feel unhappy. I try to love myself the way I am, but I work on my mistakes. I take every chance to try out new things and I hope that when I die I will have the feeling that I have had a good life. I don't want to regret things and I don't try to worry about things.

My favourite quote: 'remember that worrying about something is the same as trying to solve an algebra equasion with chewing bubblegum'

As for the reproducing part:

I don't want kids, I don't think I ever will. I am scared of taking a responsibility that big. I don't believe I am capable of deciding things for another human being and bare the consequences of it as well. I don't want anyone to depend on me like that.
    Maybe I am wrong, I am only 19. I have not even explored a fraction of what I am, I don't know yet what kind of person I will be in 10 years time, people change. Maybe I'll change my mind and want kids when by the time I'll be 30. Maybe I will deny then the person I am now or maybe I am now denying the person who I will most likely become....
    there u go. thats the meaning of life. now go achieve your goals. go go!

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Z, that's not THE meaning of life, that's the meaning of MY life and that's something totally different.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    thats exactly my point. everyone's is different. actually, maybe i'm confusing this with: what is a meaningful life? its kinda different, actually. but the meaning of life for humans really is more than just eat, survive, reproduce. make something of your life. i wanna make an impact on the world. thats my goal.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    I wanted to make an impact on the world too once, then I realized that I should be happy even if I should be able to reach only a few people....

5. Lounge   -   #55
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Skweeky@31 March 2003 - 02:35
    thank you j2k4

As for my view on this:

I don't know what the meaning of life is, I don't know if I want to know. I try to live my life to the fullest, make the best of it. I try not to do things that make me feel unhappy. I try to love myself the way I am, but I work on my mistakes. I take every chance to try out new things and I hope that when I die I will have the feeling that I have had a good life. I don't want to regret things and I don't try to worry about things.

My favourite quote: 'remember that worrying about something is the same as trying to solve an algebra equasion with chewing bubblegum'

As for the reproducing part:

I don't want kids, I don't think I ever will. I am scared of taking a responsibility that big. I don't believe I am capable of deciding things for another human being and bare the consequences of it as well. I don't want anyone to depend on me like that.
    Maybe I am wrong, I am only 19. I have not even explored a fraction of what I am, I don't know yet what kind of person I will be in 10 years time, people change. Maybe I'll change my mind and want kids when by the time I'll be 30. Maybe I will deny then the person I am now or maybe I am now denying the person who I will most likely become....
    At least you're thinking about it, which is so much more than 95% of the population does.

But you seem to exercising YOUR existential abilities in the effort-my recommendation would be to limit your concerns to the essentials: pick a dozen or so guiding principles and internalize. Then you can live on autopilot and maintain developmental momentum.
    Let logic and reason guide you. Don't waste time on "Why am I here?". More time has been wasted on that......even if you knew, how would it help? Who would believe you? I refer you to my previous posts (Pg. 3?).

You're a welcome addition here.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Originally posted by Z@31 March 2003 - 02:44
    thats exactly my point. everyone's is different. actually, maybe i'm confusing this with: what is a meaningful life? its kinda different, actually. but the meaning of life for humans really is more than just eat, survive, reproduce. make something of your life. i wanna make an impact on the world. thats my goal.
    Now you're on the right track-"meaningful life". Isn't that just perfect, Z? "Meaning of Life" vs. "Meaningful Life"=irrelevance vs. relevance!!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #57
    oh, I don't really think about those things anymore. 'why am I here' and 'what am I supposed to be doing' are useless questions. I just try to figure out all the time what decisions are best for me, now AND in the future. It's hard enough a it is

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Originally posted by Skweeky@31 March 2003 - 03:01
    oh, I don't really think about those things anymore. 'why am I here' and 'what am I supposed to be doing' are useless questions. I just try to figure out all the time what decisions are best for me, now AND in the future. It's hard enough a it is
    Mission accomplished, then? Good for you.

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Originally posted by j2k4+31 March 2003 - 03:03--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 31 March 2003 - 03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Skweeky@31 March 2003 - 03:01
    oh, I don&#39;t really think about those things anymore. &#39;why am I here&#39; and &#39;what am I supposed to be doing&#39; are useless questions. I just try to figure out all the time what decisions are best for me, now AND in the future. It&#39;s hard enough a it is
    Mission accomplished, then? Good for you. [/b][/quote]
    lol, I&#39;m doing good so far. Now the 60 years that are left.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Edited by me.

Sometimes, even when you are right or feel that you are right, you express yourself poorly.

This was one such post.

My points were valid but my words were caustic.

The world has enough animosity without my contributions.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast