Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: What's The Meaning Of Life

Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@30 March 2003 - 17:37
    What is the meaning of life?

You may as well ask, "What is the meaning of yellow". It is irrelevent

There is NO "meaning of life". Life exists merely from the fact that, the chances of life at all anywhere is 1 in 50 billion years.

Since there is an unlimited amount of time, the odds of life existing somewhere is sure to happen many times over.

The answer to your all-time question is NONE.

It is up to you to put meaning into life, that is, your life. Your life is just a tiny blip of time in comparison to the infinite amount of time that there is. The longer that time continues on, the smaller your blip.
    It just sounds like you have no hope?
    Believe in life is a simple hold on to life...
    Any believe that helps loving the life we are living is good.. yours is not..

For some people believe is all they got..
    A lot of people that don't believe at all end up in crime!
    Like: Who gives a sh*t what other people think? I just care about myself... who gives a sh*t about anybody else..??? (Duh?&#33
    Just givge me your money or i shout you..

(Sorry i am Dutch.. if you were too i would explane it in my own language.. But you get my drift right??

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik+31 March 2003 - 04:45--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 31 March 2003 - 04:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@30 March 2003 - 19:23
    What makes you think that time is infinite, any more than space.
    Well, then we&#39;d have to get into quantum physics. And that is too long to explain.

So time may not be infinate. It may be a loop that repeats itself.

Same with outerspace (and the 4th dimension).

Think of this. The speed of time is the same as the speed of light&#33; If you travel near the speed of light, you almost stop time&#33; Since everyone else is not you traveling at that speed, everyone else is progressing at a different speed than you, everyone else is in a different time rate than you. Time, to you will feel "normal", but after a year&#39;s worth of that, you will notice that everyone else has not aged as you have.

If you travel at the speed of light, you travel at the speed of time, therefore time will stop. Thus you cannot travel at the speed of light.

If you travel faster than the speed of light, then you are moving onto the future. You cannot do that, therefore you have to travel back into time.

Now comes the 4th dimension part... I&#39;ll let the brainiacs of the lounge to explain that.

Is there any good &#39;cool&#39; websites that take you through an animated journey of quantum physics? Please post &#39;em&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Interesting if somewhat strange. The fourth dimension and outerspace.

I believe that in Newtonian physics the fourth dimension was generally taken as being time. The three physical dimensions and time being the fourth. However we tend to think of spacetime as being much more a united thing nowadays.

As I understand it the speed of light being the fastest possible speed is currently under serious question. It is being suggested that it is not the universal constant that we once thought.

When talking about the speed of light the problem as ever is that it all boils down to relativity. If two masses are travelling towards each other at 75% of the speed of light then relatively speaking they should be travelleing towards each other at 150% of the speed of light. Using one as the frame of reference for the other. (Itīs the two cars at 30 mph = 60 mph) arguement. However you know as well as I do that they are not travelling at one and a half times the speed of light, because by your theory they canīt be. So what speed are they travelling towards each other at.

When you travel towards the speed of light you stop time. Interesting concept. If we ignore the physical restraints then actually you donīt stop time. In fact you donīt effect it at all. For you. Your time goes with you. However a very long time passes for the people who "stay still". So if anything you either donīt effect time at all, or you speed it up, depending on how you look at it.

To domonstrate this you dont have to go anywhere near the speed of light. Take two atomic clocks. Place one in a very fast aeroplane and leave the other one on the ground. Fly very fast and end up back where you started. The moving clock will have recorded less time passing than the stationery clock. So from the moving clocks point of view time will have been passing normally. However in itīs frame of reference time will have been passing faster for the other clock. Thats why astronauts come back to earth slightly younger than they would have been.

I also think you may have misunderstood my question about time being infinite, or not. If we consider that space time is a function of the universe, then it can only be infinite if the universe is infinite. If we accept that our universe is not infinite, then nothing within it, space, time, matter energy can be infinite.

There may also be other universes. However who is to say how many dimensions they consist of. I think so far we are well into double figures with this one. Why must we assume that time exists in them at all.

Unless of course we are stuck in a Newtonian view.

Meaning of life - still a work in progress Iīm afraid.

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Ex-member
    :flame:

lots of ill feeling happening here.

You&#39;re all very bad

The meaning of life for me is to be happy and to make others happy.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    you should just do what i said
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

5. Lounge   -   #75
    Ex-member
    Blow things up?

The Americans have that covered... "Oh, there&#39;s a British personnel carrier, let&#39;s bomb it"

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@31 March 2003 - 22:51
    Blow things up?

The Americans have that covered... "Oh, there&#39;s a British personnel carrier, let&#39;s bomb it"
    That&#39;s a bit out of order.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    Ex-member
    sorry, it just really pisses me off.

I mean, they had IFF activated but the pilot bombed them anyway. Then, when there was a british troop standing in front of the vehicle waving his arms above his head, the pilot shot them again.

That&#39;s out of order.

Sorry again - I just hate the gung-ho nature that gets people killed...

edit: just realised that there&#39;s a separate forum for this kind of stuff... Sorry x3&#33; :">

8. Lounge   -   #78
    u guys are crazy. live life to the fullest and have sex for pleasure. we arent animals here...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678