Thread: Half-Life Platinum Collection and Steam...

Poster
    Yes... old-school Half-Life...

Anyway, it was given to me as a gift from a friend of mine who insists that I play the original before buying HL2. The Collection contains Half-Life: Game of the Year Edition, Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, and Blue Shift.

I downloaded Steam, created an account (not necessary for this, I know), and registered the CD key. Now, everything from the Platinum Collection is available to me... except Blue Shift.

If I enter in the CD key for Blue Shift, Steam tells me that I "already have active subscriptions to the game(s) associated with this CD key."

Does anyone know why?

[edit]: Ok, hmm... Apparently Blue Shift isn't available through Steam, because it's actually owned by Gearbox, who modified the original HL engine a bit. That makes sense, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Cl1mh4224rd; 12-10-2004 at 10:46 AM.

2. Games   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Isn't the original HL with the updated graphics of HL2 (called Source) out.

They have also updated CS.

I will play those first.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Games   -   #3
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Isn't the original HL with the updated graphics of HL2 (called Source) out.

They have also updated CS.

I will play those first.
    Actually from what i've seen read of Half Life Source, Valve only updated the texture a bit , the graphics are still the same as the original Half Life 1 that came out in '98. So basically its as dissapointing as Counter Condition Zero. Anyways about Counter-Strike Source, it uses updated/2004 graphics and physics like Half Life, but there aren't much differences in gameplay compared CS 1.6 , but worth getting i guess.
    Last edited by Formula1; 12-10-2004 at 10:04 PM.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Half-Life: Source is pretty much just getting the water effects and physics from the Source engine. Everything else is almost exactly the same, with a few minor things like this:

• A "live" menu background, like HL2.
    • The ability to jump to any chapter.

5. Games   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd
    Yes... old-school Half-Life...

Anyway, it was given to me as a gift from a friend of mine who insists that I play the original before buying HL2. The Collection contains Half-Life: Game of the Year Edition, Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, and Blue Shift.

I downloaded Steam, created an account (not necessary for this, I know), and registered the CD key. Now, everything from the Platinum Collection is available to me... except Blue Shift.

If I enter in the CD key for Blue Shift, Steam tells me that I "already have active subscriptions to the game(s) associated with this CD key."

Does anyone know why?

[edit]: Ok, hmm... Apparently Blue Shift isn't available through Steam, because it's actually owned by Gearbox, who modified the original HL engine a bit. That makes sense, unfortunately.
    Want Blue Shift? Ill send it to you.

yo

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Want Blue Shift? Ill send it to you.
    Thanks for the offer, but I think you need to read my post again. I already have Blue Shift on CD.
    Last edited by Cl1mh4224rd; 12-11-2004 at 03:07 PM.