Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kvcd with tmpgenc?

Poster
    hi, for some reason after i reformatted my comp, i cant seem to get tmpgenc to encode my movies into kvcd. i have the templates, "KVCD-CQ-352x240-_NTSCFilm_-PLUS.mcf" . so i start tmpgenc, i load my video source in the window, than the audio source, than i click "load" and choose the template.

the problem is, the size turned out to be 1gig as oppose to my usual 575-600mb i get before. the size i get now is about the same size i get when i try to encode it with the preloaded vcd template, which make this kvcd template useless as its less quality and same size.

however, i want to get my xvid/divx video to about 600 like before so i can fit about 7 movies onto one dvd. this is especially annoying if movie has 2 cds...irobot.

help plz.

ps. i have klite codec pack

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    hey can i get that template plz? thnx

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    err...wasnt exactly the reply im looking for, but you can get it through a search on google as im too lazy to search on google and getting the site for you

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    As for guyver just go to kvcd.net

As for Mr. Elmo u have to have more than just tmpgenc to make a kvcd or if thats just the way u want to do it, it has to be set at the right cq for the movie so u don't use cbr and vbr and whatever use constant quality set it at the right cq. The best way to judge it is by the resolution and the length of the movie so if u have a long movie smaller cq

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    the cq is set to 60 right now, b4, i use 70 or 75. but the problem is, no matter how high/low the cq is, the video size will be the same. the only way to lower the size is lower the maximum bitrate...and even so, it does not lower it by much.

kvcd.net requires a 2.99 one time fee to download from them, so just search for it on google

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Check out mchspl2 guide in the guides section

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    nvm, found the guide section

ok, obviously something is wrong with my tmpgenc, using acp, bitrate at 1150(vcd=1150 constant) max and 300 min. the fucking quality had to be adjusted down to 3 for a 700mb xvid video to be compress to 640mb. WTF?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!
    Last edited by Mr. Elmo; 12-12-2004 at 09:48 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    muchspl2
    if any one has the templets I will perma host them for every one here just pm me

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    obviously i do...but im too selfish to share...hehe j/k
    Last edited by Mr. Elmo; 12-12-2004 at 10:14 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    muchspl2
    zip it and send it to yousendit.com
    www.yousendit.com and I'll upload to my server I can't beleve they charge now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast