Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncensored Iraqi Video From War - *graphic*

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I guess this thread is a perfect example of how the news gets to different people. Each person has the right to their own opinion, and the "facts" of this war are being reported differently on different sides. I never meant to offend anyone with this post. I only hoped to share the "graphic nature" of these clips, as CNN America refused to re-broadcast for American viewers.
    Proud member of MDS

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Sometimes people need to see what is war or feel it through those troops that are their fighting for us here, though I don't agree with this war. I do believe seening those tapes shades some light on the truth and maybe opens some people's eyes of what is happining their that they wont even dare to film.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Firstly, I am in favour of this war, what the hell is the alternative, regardless of this i watch BBC |CNN, Fox and Al Jazear, yes I watch the one true independent arab news channel, OK maybe not truely independent, but who is, This arab station has managed to piss off most arab states over the last five years,

I think it's best to watch everything and distill your opion from all available sources.

PS I am UK and would like to see George Garroway Shot at dawn with blunt bullets!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Hell I forgot the topic! sorry, I do not think images can be too graphic, no one but a chile can misunderstand what a chunck of shrapnel does to a human skull, cummon are we wll children, I think wa all know what war means

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    kAb is only pointing out that we tied our own hands on the geneva convention issue by applying it to ANY public display of captured or killed Americans.
    ok i think you are confused.
    we never applied the geneva convention issue to ANY public display of POWs.

i pointed out the exact infrictions that the iraqis made
    i dont know where you got this any display crap.

we dont then proceed to parade them in front of cameras
    and interogate them (against the laws of the geneva convention) and show the bodies of executed soldiers with extreme close ups of the head wounds (against the laws of the geneva convention as well)

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by sred2003@1 April 2003 - 20:48
    kAb is only pointing out that we tied our own hands on the geneva convention issue by applying it to ANY public display of captured or killed Americans.
    ok i think you are confused.
    we never applied the geneva convention issue to ANY public display of POWs.

i pointed out the exact infrictions that the iraqis made
    i dont know where you got this any display crap.

we dont then proceed to parade them in front of cameras
    and interogate them (against the laws of the geneva convention) and show the bodies of executed soldiers with extreme close ups of the head wounds (against the laws of the geneva convention as well)
    sred2003 is right. We (America) have not violated the convention at all. When you see Iraqi POWs on American TV, they usually have their faces "blocked" out or they wear hoods. This is because it is a violation of the Geneva Convention to show POWs on TV, or in any manner that demeans them. Also, no dead soldiers can be shown on TV, until the next of kin is notified first. This was another reason why these videos were not shown on American TV.
    Proud member of MDS

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Poster
    This Saddam Regime of the "most feared elite army" is a total joke.

The feared army hides behind women and children like a coward. Dresses like civilians and hides amongst the civilian population like the ball-less sissys that they are. Never will you see any of them fight like brave strong men. They have to blackmail innocent men into being suicide bombers (or human shields), otherwise they will kill their women and children if they don't obey. This elite army is nothing to brag about.

EMPTY barrels bang the loudest! All talk and no action. Where was Saddam. He was a no-show for his own "live" news conference today. All we have is a bunch of video tapes of Saddam talking from the dead.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Thanks for the links jibbler B)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    We are in about the 3rd week of the war. CNN gives us non stop live coverage, 24 hours a day. I've seen more dead bodies than I'll ever need to see. So, looking back, I guess this "graphic" coverage posted here isn't so graphic after all?
    Proud member of MDS

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    I didnt know the American Government gave two hoots about international conventions, the anti balistic missle treaty and Kyoto are just a number of treatys the US Doesnt give a shit about.

It's funny how If Say that if you Agree with the US your right and if you disagree(say the UN) your wrong.

What about those guy's In Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, oh wait the US can treat them like shit because the US calls them "enemy combatants - A dodgy legal term at best " in the Geneva Convention, oh you must be proud.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast