Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Satellite Radio: XM or SIRIUS?

Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    i get Sirius through the dish network on TV, its pretty good. if you subscribe to Sirius you can tune in online as well. (just not if youre a dish network user, since they pay less for Sirius)
    Last edited by Vargas; 12-13-2004 at 03:00 AM. Reason: translated to english

2. Music   -   #12
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Google.com
    I would go with Sirius myself. Equipment costs less, better customer service, and I have noticed that XM is starting to sneak in a few advertisements on their supposedly commercial free radio.

Another thing I also noticed is if you are planning on dropping big bucks on this, a 5 year subscription to XM costs $499. That same $499 will get you a lifetime subscription to Sirius.

I have had XM before, and have had Sirius the last 7 or 8 months and would not go back.

BTW: When you get Sirius, you get all of their channels for the same $9.99 a month rate as XM, but to get all of XM's stations, you have to pay extra for the premium stations.
    Nice information there. Oh and welcome to the forums

3. Music   -   #13
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    yeah, sirius cuz Howard's going there. Haven't decided if I will, but maybe, depending on if I want another monthly bill.

4. Music   -   #14
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    sirius

5. Music   -   #15
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    with all due respect... comparing 'winamp' streams to satellite radio is hardly fair. Paying for radio, is much like paying for cable.. you could tune a few shitty channels in for free, or pay for them all, and get commercial free radio
    Proud member of MDS

6. Music   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler
    with all due respect... comparing 'winamp' streams to satellite radio is hardly fair. Paying for radio, is much like paying for cable.. you could tune a few shitty channels in for free, or pay for them all, and get commercial free radio
    A contributing factor to my "torn-ness".

Another is that my wife is who wants it, but neither of us will get from it what she/we want it for.

Great-now I have confustigated even myself.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Music   -   #17
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    i think ill just stick to the free radio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12