Thread: Add run as to a shortcut?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You know how you can right click on a file and cick "run as" then type, for example, the admin username and password.

Well at school if I try this on an exe that im already not allowed to run then I get the "you do not have permission to run this file blah blah."

So i was wondering if there was a way to make the shortcut automatically go straight to the "run as" command (i know admin passwor don school computers so i want to run firefox. )

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean but you can find it in C:\WINDOWS\system32\runas.exe

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    well...i dunno how to explain it lol.

OK here is an example.
    Through my login at school I can use Internet Explorer but with limited options (can't download anything and cant change toolbars or options).
    If I right click my internet explorer icon and click Run As then type "administrator" and the password I can do whatever I want to in Internet Explorer.

I did this to download "portable firefox."
    And i figured that I could just right click the FireFox shortcut and click "run as," but when I do this i get "you do not have permission to run this file blah blah."

How can I make it work.